Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(un)Lock events from Z-Wave Lock won't fire ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (un)Lock events from Z-Wave Lock won't fire ?

Apologies if I'm posting in the wrong section.

I'm having an issue with triggering events from my Schlage locks...

The lock has a device called "Access Control Notification" which updates it's value based on what's going on.
    If a user unlocks the door from the keypad it sets a 6001-6040 value based on which user unlocked the door (User 1-40).

The problem is that using a value based trigger doesn't work (why I don't know).
    In the example below assigning it to a "descriptive" value works just fine, but not for a value range.

As a workaround I can have it trigger on any change and run a script which reads the value and checks if it's within the 6000-6040 range and then trigger my event/function based on that, but it seems a bit a-- backwards to have a script do what HS is perfectly capable of doing at other times.

Any suggestions ?

Many Thanks,

mrM

Click image for larger version

Name:	triggers.PNG
Views:	161
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	1324204

Name:	status text.PNG
Views:	118
Size:	240.9 KB
ID:	1324205

In my Events, I trigger on whether the door was locked or unlocked, then use the notification as a condition, so that I can determine if it was operated manually, by Z-Wave or with a code.
    Randy Prade
    Aurora, CO
    Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

That's a good idea and definitely worth keeping in mind for other triggers.

I have no idea what happened / changed but for some reason when I use the same rule as in the example above (with the range) it works just fine today.
      The thing that's changed is that when you minimize the event your values (6000 / 6040) gets populated with the descriptions rather than the actual values.
      (yesterday it was just the actual values)

Only thing I can think of is that the server (and HS with that) might have re-started overnight due to updates / scheduled restarts.

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	103
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	1324367

Comment

Originally posted by mr.Magoo View Post
        That's a good idea and definitely worth keeping in mind for other triggers.

I have no idea what happened / changed but for some reason when I use the same rule as in the example above (with the range) it works just fine today.
        The thing that's changed is that when you minimize the event your values (6000 / 6040) gets populated with the descriptions rather than the actual values.
        (yesterday it was just the actual values)

Only thing I can think of is that the server (and HS with that) might have re-started overnight due to updates / scheduled restarts.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	17.8 KB ID:	1324367
        Let me see if I can illustrate what happens. As I wrote in the Virtual Devices thread a Status is applied to a single value. In the case of the Lock device you have these Status/Value pairs

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	102
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	1324419

If I create an Event using the Lock Device as a trigger, I can use either the Status or a Custom Value. Here I am using the value

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	78
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	1324420

Homeseer will collapse it using the status assigned to the Value(s).

Name:	Capture5.png
Views:	77
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	1324424

If I pick a range, including a value with no Status assigned

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Views:	78
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	1324421

Then it will collapse to an amalgam

Name:	Capture3.png
Views:	74
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	1324422

Now when dealing with the notification device, there are value ranges.

Name:	Capture7.png
Views:	75
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	1324426

In this case there are no status assigned to the values, instead if one of those values are used the above definition is applied. Here is a Trigger using a custom value range

Name:	Capture4.png
Views:	76
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	1324423

When the Event is collapsed, it is then populated with the values modified with the rules on the Status page

Name:	Capture6.png
Views:	79
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	1324425

Note that the values are prepended with the prefix modified by the offset (subtracting the offset) then appended with the suffix.

Even with all that going on - HomeSeer only acts on the numeric value, all the rest is only to make it prettier for the user.

No matter what you see in an Event HomeSeer is dealing with numbers. If you trigger on "Greater than unlocked" where Unlocked = 0, then HomeSeer will trigger on any value greater than 0. If you trigger on "Unlocked" homeseer will trigger when the value changes to 0.

Understanding this dependency on numeric values is the key to navigating Event Triggers, Conditions and (to a lesser extent) Actions.
        Randy Prade
        Aurora, CO
        Prades.net

Comment

Not to hijack the thread, but saw similarity from the "Access Control Notification" aspect for an issue I ran into myself with Schlage locks in that when I use the Schlage feature to have it auto-lock itself after 30-seconds then HomeSeer would not update to the new "Locked" status.

Solved that with an event:

Name:	Screenshot_2019-09-04 HomeSeer Web Control - Ev .png
Views:	108
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	1324403

This solved everything, and in less than a second the status changes from "Unlocked" to "Locked", but just curious if that was the correct approach.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post

Even with all that going on - HomeSeer only acts on the numeric value, all the rest is only to make it prettier for the user.

All of what you're saying makes perfect sense and it's also the behavior I would have expected.
            But I could not, for some reason, get it to trigger on values yesterday.
            Not through HS standard events or EasyTrigger, only way for me to detect the values was to have a script get triggered by lock/unlock and have that script read the value from the device code. I even ran the device out on MQTT to see if the value truly was in the 6000-6040 range (which it was).

To quote Sheldon - "I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested..."

Comment

rprade why doesn’t this trigger work?

Name:	3F032F75-9066-4AD2-AA47-8C501B20F9F6.jpeg
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	1324618
              Michael

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.470 | 849 devices | 349 events | OpenSprinkler | BLShutdown | EasyTrigger | NetCAM | Harmony Hub | Sonos | SDJ-Health | BLUPS | PHLocation | BLBackup | BLLock | Z-Wave 3.0.1.243 | weatherXML | Pushover 3P | Blue-Iris | AirPlaySpeak

Comment

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
                rprade why doesn’t this trigger work?

Name:	3F032F75-9066-4AD2-AA47-8C501B20F9F6.jpeg
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	1324618
                Can you post a screenshot of the Advanced tab when it goes to unknown? There are two ways a device can become “Unknown”. One is if the status goes to Unknown and the other when hs.DeviceInvalidValue = True. I’m thinking the device is in an invalid state giving you an Unknown on the Device management page, but the value is not 254.
                Randy Prade
                Aurora, CO
                Prades.net

Comment

I will when it happens which may be a while. Thanks.
                  Michael

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.470 | 849 devices | 349 events | OpenSprinkler | BLShutdown | EasyTrigger | NetCAM | Harmony Hub | Sonos | SDJ-Health | BLUPS | PHLocation | BLBackup | BLLock | Z-Wave 3.0.1.243 | weatherXML | Pushover 3P | Blue-Iris | AirPlaySpeak

Comment

Working...
                  X