Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting up events after sunset

Hi,

I was wondering how users set up lighting events after sunset. I would like to turn on a light in a spare bedroom at different times on different days. If I set up an event that triggers after sunset but before 11:30pm, and I want to turn on the light 2 hrs. after sunset then off in 45 minutes then on again 3.5 hrs. after sunset the first time the lights would turn on would be 11:00pm in the summer and 6:00pm in the winter. The second event would not trigger in the summer. I want to have several events for this light each night. So in the summer, there would only be one event per night while in the winter I could have several off/on events between 6:00pm and 11:30pm. I have used easy trigger and set up each month and stagger the events but this is time consuming. Am I missing an easy way to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Ronnie

I'm not completely clear about the timing you have in mind, but you might consider a strategy something like this:
    (Obviously, change the specifics to suit your goal.)
    If the time is 6:00 pm (Security)
    And If the time is after sunset
    Then turn on lights
    Then turn off lights after a delay of 45 minutes

If the time is 8:30 pm (Security)
    And If the time is after sunset
    Then turn on lights
    Then turn off lights after a delay of 30 minutes

If the time is 11:00 pm (Security)
    Then turn on lights
    Then turn off lights after a delay of 40 minutes
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Alternatively,
      If the time is 2 hr and 30 min after sunset
      And If the time is before 11:00 pm
      Then turn on lights
      Then turn off lights after a delay of 45 minutes

If the time is 3 hr and 30 min after sunset
      Then turn on lights
      Then turn off lights after a delay of 30 minutes

If the time is 5 hr after sunset
      Then turn on lights
      Then turn off lights after a delay of 40 minutes
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

While setting up a set of events can seem time consuming, it really isn't that difficult and you should only have to do it once. I can build you some events, but I am not sure of the 11:00 rule. Regardless of whether summer or winter I am assuming the real rule is that you only want the light to come on if it is after 45 minutes from the first light trigger. The easiest way would be a condition where the light has been off for xx minutes before the second would trigger. The two schedules:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	27.1 KB ID:	1324323

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture1.PNG Views:	0 Size:	25.1 KB ID:	1324320
        You can alter the daily schedules however you desire.

Then the two events

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture2.PNG Views:	0 Size:	70.7 KB ID:	1324321

You can alter the condition in the second event for your desired time limit.

It took about 15 minutes to build the schedules, build the Events, make the screenshots and compose this post.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thank you for the responses, I will try these. I think these will solve my problems.

Comment

Working...
          X