HVAC Automation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HVAC Automation

I'm having some issues with the logic of my HVAC automation, not quite sure the best way to do what I want to do. I have a nest thermostat that I want to automate on/off depending on presence and contact sensors. Below are the criteria.

Nest should be on if:
    -Anyone is home
    -All contact sensors are closed (i.e. no contact sensor has been open longer than 10 minutes, and all contact sensors have been closed for at least 10 minutes)

Nest should be off if:
    -Any contact sensor has been open longer than 10 minutes.

Nest should be eco if:
    -Everyone leaves.

I currently have EasyTrigger installed, and my contact sensors grouped in there, but I am unable to apply and of the time constraints "if any in group contact sensors has been opened for longer than 10 minutes" or "if all in group contact sensors have been closed for at least 10 minutes".

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by dibble9012 View Post
    I'm having some issues with the logic of my HVAC automation, not quite sure the best way to do what I want to do. I have a nest thermostat that I want to automate on/off depending on presence and contact sensors. Below are the criteria.

Nest should be on if:
    -Anyone is home
    -All contact sensors are closed (i.e. no contact sensor has been open longer than 10 minutes, and all contact sensors have been closed for at least 10 minutes)

Nest should be off if:
    -Any contact sensor has been open longer than 10 minutes.

Nest should be eco if:
    -Everyone leaves.

I currently have EasyTrigger installed, and my contact sensors grouped in there, but I am unable to apply and of the time constraints "if any in group contact sensors has been opened for longer than 10 minutes" or "if all in group contact sensors have been closed for at least 10 minutes".

Thanks in advance!

You lost me on this one as they are in conflict
    -All contact sensors are closed (i.e. no contact sensor has been open longer than 10 minutes, and all contact sensors have been closed for at least 10
    The easiest way to make the checks is with a recurring trigger and different conditions. My sensors are at 0 when Closed and 1 when Open.

Here a check is made once a minute and the Event will run once all of the sensors have been closed for at least 10 minutes

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	28.2 KB ID:	1327710

Here the Event checks once a minute and will run whan any sensor has been Open for at least 10 minutes.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture1.PNG Views:	0 Size:	28.6 KB ID:	1327711
    Randy Prade
    Aurora, CO
    Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

I ended up doing it this way, so far it works as expected.

Comment

Working...
      X