Event doesn't trigger on device unknown status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event doesn't trigger on device unknown status

The last thing Homeseer does at night is ensure all of the doors are locked. From time to time one of my locks fails to respond to the lock command and ends up in an UNKNOWN status. I thought I might be able to solve this problem with this event.
    The event is designed to re-trigger every five minutes as long as the lock remains in the unknown status. The problem is, the event never triggers. (Under Options, not shown here... Cannot retrigger for 5 minutes)
    Any ideas?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Resend Lock Event.png Views:	0 Size:	175.8 KB ID:	1328629
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

I use Ultralog3. The status unknown, and a command being sent normally results in a log message zwave error failed sending zwave command (or something like that). With that I trigger an event. That works for me.

Comment

Ultralog3 would certainly work in this case, but shouldn't be necessary as UNKNOWN is a built in HS3 trigger. I'm not sure how retriggering the event properly would work out using that plugin.
      For me to shell out an additional $40 US for what would essentially be a single use plugin at this point is a bit hard to swallow. I did use Ultralog2 under HS2, but even then had very limited use for it.

Comment

I tried using the unknown state in an event, never managed to get it to trigger. I have another couple of uses for Ultralog, otherwise I would agree its a bit much just for that

Comment

There are two ways a device can become unknown. One is by status and the other is DeviceInvalidValue. I have never dug into the trigger of “Unknown”, but have suspected that it is looking at the Status. You can look at the Advanced tab to determine if the Status is Unknown. If it is not then the device is in an invalid state.There is a scripting call to reset an “Invalid” device “hsDeviceInvalidValue(xxx) = False”.

For log monitors Jon00 has one

Click image for larger version  Name:	7A806F41-59C8-4C62-83FC-2F2E6B461D68.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	55.7 KB ID:	1328668
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I'm aware of the call to reset unknown status, however 1. I don't think it would actually ensure the door is locked, and 2. there's still the matter of the trigger not functioning.
            I'm also aware of Jon's plugin. It may end up being the solution however unnecessary it should be.

In this case, even though the UI & the log indicate an unknown status, the Advanced tab on the Lock device remains Status=Locked or = Unlocked and Value= 100 or = 0, whichever was the last known status.

Still an HS3 issue albeit probably not directly with the trigger per se.

Comment

I should know better than to try to compose a reply on an iPad I failed to make much sense. I was not suggesting that the call would fix your lock situation, only that the Trigger you are using may be incorrect.

I created a Virtual device with three Status, Off, On and Unknown.

Then I created two events, one triggering on the device becoming set to INVALID/ERROR and a second by a Status of Unknown.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	46.0 KB ID:	1328679

When I use the call to set the DeviceInvalidValue to True, it triggers the first Event

Sep-24 7:48:39 AM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Trigger - Invalid"
              Sep-24 7:48:39 AM Event Running script statement immediately: &hs.DeviceInvalidValue(640) = True

The Device shows as Unknown

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture1.PNG Views:	0 Size:	8.5 KB ID:	1328680

But the status is still Off

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture2.PNG Views:	0 Size:	37.2 KB ID:	1328681

If I clear the DeviceInvalidState, then set the device to a Status of Unknown, then the second Event is triggered

Sep-24 7:50:39 AM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Trigger - Unknown"
              Sep-24 7:50:39 AM Device Control Device: HomeSeer Demo Device 1 to Unknown (255) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

The Device still shows Unknown

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture3.png Views:	0 Size:	8.5 KB ID:	1328682

But now the Status has changed to Unknown

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture4.png Views:	0 Size:	37.6 KB ID:	1328683

The only reason I mentioned Jon00's plug-in was in reply to
              Originally posted by Wadenut
              For me to shell out an additional $40 US for what would essentially be a single use plugin at this point is a bit hard to swallow. I did use Ultralog2 under HS2, but even then had very limited use for it.
              You can use Jon's and donate what you think it is worth.

Hopefully this post more clearly articulated what I failed to above.

One final suggestion: On any door lock Event I set the lock once, wait 15 seconds and set it again. On the rare instances one of mine fails to lock and goes to an Invalid state, the second try will usually work and when it succeeds it clears the Invalid state. I do send a Pushover message any time a lock goes to Invalid.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
              X