Need help with event based on energy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with event based on energy

I just installed en energy meter on the washer/dryer with the hope to set up a speak event at the start/stop of the laundry. However, because it's set to have an energy range and energy isn't static it will repeat everytime the reading changes. I don't need to be reminded a million times that my clothes is dried. What other options do I have to get this to work?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	dryer-stop.png
Views:	85
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	1344749

Originally posted by dannieboiz View Post
    I just installed en energy meter on the washer/dryer with the hope to set up a speak event at the start/stop of the laundry. However, because it's set to have an energy range and energy isn't static it will repeat everytime the reading changes. I don't need to be reminded a million times that my clothes is dried. What other options do I have to get this to work?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	dryer-stop.png Views:	6 Size:	39.2 KB ID:	1344749

Do you have the Easy Trigger plug-in? It will allow you to trigger when it enters a range and will not retrigger until it exits the range and re-enters it.

I use a Virtual Device for each appliance. Once it is set to less than 20 watts, the virtual device is turned off. When it is greater than 20 watts the Virtual device is turned on. The Virtual Device is used as a condition so that it only toggles once and the Virtual Device is used to trigger the announcement and pushover message.
    Randy Prade
    Aurora, CO
    Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

I don't use easy trigger but the virtual device idea is genius!

Comment

Working...
      X