No announcement yet.

Need help with an Event for Lights to turn off with no motion after TV is OFF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks like the motion was triggered but then there wasn't a no motion detected action.

Click image for larger version

Name:	screencapture-192-168-1-15-8000-EventLog-2019-12-24-09_35_04.png
Views:	97
Size:	290.8 KB
ID:	1349419

Comment

Here is how I would structure the Event. This will turn the lights off if motion has ceased for 2 minutes, the TV is Off and if either of the lights is anything other than Off. It should account for any possibility.

Name:	capture.png
Views:	96
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	1349434
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by pcgirl65 View Post
        It looks like the motion was triggered but then there wasn't a no motion detected action.

Name:	screencapture-192-168-1-15-8000-EventLog-2019-12-24-09_35_04.png
Views:	97
Size:	290.8 KB
ID:	1349419
        Is the detector still showing Motion? If so, it has quit reporting or something else is wrong. Your original Event should have run as soon as the detector went to "No Event" and the Event above would do the same. Unfortunately if the sensor fails to go back to No Event, neither version of the Off Event would work. I still think the Event I posted above will give more consistent results, as long as the sensor is reporting reliably.

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Yes, it seems to be working ok yesterday and today and prior. Very strange. Is there something in the system that would cause a hiccup?

Comment

Did you guys figure this one out? I think it's a function of event logic, which I'm happy to give some best-practice guidance on ... at least the best-practice I have developed for myself after using HS for about 12 years :-)

Comment

Seems to be working ok now. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X