Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flex Sensor

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Flex Sensor

    The help desk sent me here. I have two HomeSeer Flex Sensors (Version 5.18) that I use for temperature sensors. Neither have a cable of any sort plugged into them. On one, the "Light Detected Notification" is always on. The HD says I can create an event to set the light detected status to "ok" same as the other.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	120
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	1353369

    I see nothing that resets the light detection status. Any ideas?

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Views:	100
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	1353370

  • #2
    Post screenshots of the advanced tab of both Light Detected Notification devices.
    -Wade

    Comment


    • #3
      I think HelpDesk suggested you create an event(manually triggered) that turns that child device to "OK" or whatever value gets you the "OK" . The drop-down on the event action will show the proper values.

      Comment


      • #4
        I did not see anywhere you could set that value with an event.

        I think this is a bug. The light notification child device should not show up as a child device if there is no light sensor plugged in, just as the leak detection child device does does not show up as a child device if there is no water sensor plugged in.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by drhtmal View Post
          I did not see anywhere you could set that value with an event.

          I think this is a bug. The light notification child device should not show up as a child device if there is no light sensor plugged in, just as the leak detection child device does does not show up as a child device if there is no water sensor plugged in.
          this is sorta what I was thinking.

          Comment


          • #6
            You should be able to do this using an event to run an immediate script command.
            &nhs.SetDeviceString(138,'What ever you want to see,True )
            -Rupp
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              You should be able to do this using an event to run an immediate script command.
              &nhs.SetDeviceString(138,'What ever you want to see,True )
              I'm a newbie - be specific please. How do I do that? where do I do that?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                You should be able to do this using an event to run an immediate script command.
                &nhs.SetDeviceString(138,'What ever you want to see,True )
                That is a great work around. It still seems like an undocumented feature that the the light detection notification is displayed when no light detector cable is attached. Things like this are the little nagging issues that HomeSeer never seems to fix and therefore persist because they never get around to addressing the issue.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by drhtmal View Post

                  That is a great work around. It still seems like an undocumented feature that the the light detection notification is displayed when no light detector cable is attached. Things like this are the little nagging issues that HomeSeer never seems to fix and therefore persist because they never get around to addressing the issue.
                  This hardware wasn't designed to be used standalone without a cable.
                  -Rupp
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Rupp View Post

                    This hardware wasn't designed to be used stand alone with a cable.
                    I assume you mean without a cable. It makes a great, inexpensive temperature sensor.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Rut Row View Post

                      I assume you mean without a cable. It makes a great, inexpensive temperature sensor.
                      Yes. I edited the post.
                      -Rupp
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                        This hardware wasn't designed to be used standalone without a cable.
                        Then why do they advertise and sell is as a standalone product?

                        HS-FS100 is a multi-function Z-Wave device that may be used as a temperature sensor and buzzer. The unit may also be converted to work as a Z-Wave perimeter water sensor with the addition of a HomeSeer fluid sensing cable (not included).

                        Main Features
                        • Temperature Sensor
                        • Z-Wave Controllable Buzzer
                        • Works with optional indicator light cable or fluid sensing cable
                        • Acts as a Z-Wave repeater when used with optional Micro USB power adapter
                        https://shop.homeseer.com/collection...erature-sensor

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by drhtmal View Post

                          Then why do they advertise and sell is as a standalone product?

                          HS-FS100 is a multi-function Z-Wave device that may be used as a temperature sensor and buzzer. The unit may also be converted to work as a Z-Wave perimeter water sensor with the addition of a HomeSeer fluid sensing cable (not included).

                          Main Features
                          • Temperature Sensor
                          • Z-Wave Controllable Buzzer
                          • Works with optional indicator light cable or fluid sensing cable
                          • Acts as a Z-Wave repeater when used with optional Micro USB power adapter
                          https://shop.homeseer.com/collection...erature-sensor
                          Good question. It works fine as a temp sensor but it will always check for an attached device and will always create the device in HS3. For the OP you can simply hide this device from the view as it's not being used.
                          -Rupp
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Rupp View Post

                            Good question. It works fine as a temp sensor but it will always check for an attached device and will always create the device in HS3. For the OP you can simply hide this device from the view as it's not being used.
                            I totally agree.

                            In the OP's case he has no sensors attached and there is still a child device for the light sensor. Ideally with no sensors attached there would be no child device for either the light sensor or the water sensor. Or the child deice could still be there but show no sensor attached.

                            As you mentioned, hiding it is the easiest resolution.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X