Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help creating driveway Motion triggered events - Driveway lights on for 15 minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help creating driveway Motion triggered events - Driveway lights on for 15 minutes

Here is all I am trying to do:

I have a PIR and Inductive vehicle sensor on my driveway connected to Insteon I/O modules.

I have 4 coach lights over the garage doors.

When the Inductive or PIR senses movement on the driveway and it is between sunset and sunrise (night time) turn on the coach lights if for 15 minutes.

If no further motion, turn off the lights.

If more movement, keep resetting the 15 minute timer until the motion subsides, then turn the driveway coach lights off.

If it is after sunrise and before sunset (daytime) and there is motion do not turn on the lights.

My attempt attached below but lights were coming on during the day. If I can just see an example it sure it would get me going.

There are several more motion activated timed events I need to create and I am sure if I I can have one example to work from I’ll be fine with the rest.

Help!

Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-01-13 at 8.35.02 PM.png
Views:	196
Size:	229.9 KB
ID:	1354371Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-01-13 at 8.34.02 PM.png
Views:	177
Size:	272.0 KB
ID:	1354372

This should get you on the right track:

Code:
    IF PIR Input Sensor Set On
    AND IF The Time is Nighttime

OR IF Inductive Input Sensor Set On

THEN Remove Delayed Device Actions for Garage Lights Over Doors
    THEN Set Device Garage Lights Over Doors to ON
    THEN Set Device Garage Lights Over Doors to OFF[INDENT]after a delay of 15 minutes, 0 seconds[/INDENT]

Comment

It looks like your action to turn on the lights has a 15 minute delay, as does the action to turn it off. I would expect that if there is motion detected, the light would go on and off immediately after a 15 minute delay. (. . . or come on and stay on. I've never tried running two contradictory delayed actions with the same delay. They could run in any order, though, I suspect.)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Delay.png Views:	17 Size:	105.9 KB ID:	1354406
      Last edited by Uncle Michael; January 15, 2020, 12:01 PM. Reason: added more info
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

As far as the light coming on during the day, you need to tell HS to check the conditions on the event you are calling. You will see that option if you click on the airplane icon below the action to run the event.

PS. Thank you for posting a screen shot of your event. It was very helpful in understanding the issue.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Run.png Views:	0 Size:	50.5 KB ID:	1354451
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by teladog01 View Post
          This should get you on the right track:

Code:
          IF PIR Input Sensor Set On

OR IF Inductive Input Sensor Set On

THEN Remove Delayed Device Actions for Garage Lights Over Doors
          THEN Set Device Garage Lights Over Doors to ON
          THEN Set Device Garage Lights Over Doors to OFF[INDENT]after a delay of 15 minutes, 0 seconds[/INDENT]
          Yes that exactly is what I needed to get my head wrapped around it! Much appreciated!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ve3bwp View Post

Yes that exactly is what I needed to get my head wrapped around it! Much appreciated!!!
            You bet πŸ‘ πŸ˜€

P.S. What Uncle Michael ​​​​​​posted is worth noting as well. The reason your "Driveway lights on" event was running even during the day is because you didn't have the option checked to only run if the conditions are true. It's ***-backwards the way HST has implemented this...that really should be the default behavior...and there should be a check box to disregard the conditions. But such is life with HomeSeer

Comment

Originally posted by teladog01 View Post

You bet πŸ‘ πŸ˜€

P.S. What Uncle Michael ​​​​​​posted is worth noting as well. The reason your "Driveway lights on" event was running even during the day is because you didn't have the option checked to only run if the conditions are true. It's ***-backwards the way HST has implemented this...that really should be the default behavior...and there should be a check box to disregard the conditions. But such is life with HomeSeer
              I need to unlearn past stuff I did going back to the 90's with the Enerlogic/x10 and HS1. I was trying to learn from the spagetti thread I was referred to in this post:

​​​​​​https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...s-on-hs3-rpi3b

My brain needs to see simpler more context based examples.

Comment

Working...
              X