Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to detect if a timer is running or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to detect if a timer is running or not?

Is there any way to detect the status of a timer, whether it is running or not? I've been searching, but haven't seen anything so far built-in or anything creative someone's done. Ultimately I want to have an HSTouch indicator light up if timer is running. Was thinking I would create a virtual device for 'Timer Running' and could display that status, but still gotta figure out some way to set that virtual device through events that can tell when the timer's running/stopped status has changed. I'm stumped.

Originally posted by klafollette View Post
    Is there any way to detect the status of a timer, whether it is running or not? I've been searching, but haven't seen anything so far built-in or anything creative someone's done. Ultimately I want to have an HSTouch indicator light up if timer is running. Was thinking I would create a virtual device for 'Timer Running' and could display that status, but still gotta figure out some way to set that virtual device through events that can tell when the timer's running/stopped status has changed. I'm stumped.
    Unfortunately there is not. In my Event logic, I set timers to 0 when stopped, then look for the value to be greater than 0 if they are running. Obviously this won’t work in all instances, but if you never need to pause a timer it will.
    Randy Prade
    Aurora, CO
    Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

I think I could work with that concept; setting it to 0 and considering that off. Will give it a try. Thanks for confirmation and idea.

Comment

Working...
      X