How to send a calculated value via Pushover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to send a calculated value via Pushover

I have an EasyTrigger condition that will calculate what a three day average temperature is based on weatherxml foretasted temps and then set a virtual device to Heat/Cool/Off based on what that calculated value is. My question is, while I'm testing these events I would like to see what the calculated value is, so rather than creating another virtual device just to hold the calculated value, is there a way to maybe have the value stored in the device string and then send the device string value in a pushover?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	248
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	1357572
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

I send device strings using pushover all the time using Homeseer replacement variables in the pushover message body for an example: $$DTR:126: & $$DTR:127:

I send strings from two different devices.

Comment

Originally posted by will40 View Post
      I send device strings using pushover all the time using Homeseer replacement variables in the pushover message body for an example: $$DTR:126: & $$DTR:127:

I send strings from two different devices.
      I know you can send a device string from a device in a Pushover...I guess my question is, can you set a device string to a calculated value from an event? I really just want to be able to use the device string to hold a value so that it can then be sent via Pushover. Does that make sense?
      Plugin's:

Comment

yeah kind of have an idea what you are asking...I personally am not sure how you could pass a calculated value to a device's string using an HS event. I am guessing one script would be better suited to perform both the calculation and then pass that variable to pushover.

Comment

Something like this maybe?

Code:
          &hs.SetDeviceString(AvgTempDevRef, CStr((hs.DeviceValue(Day1DevRef) + hs.DeviceValue(Day2DevRef) + hs.DeviceValue(Day3DevRef)) / 3), False)

Comment

Originally posted by teladog01 View Post
            Something like this maybe?

Code:
            &hs.SetDeviceString(AvgTempDevRef, CStr((hs.DeviceValue(Day1DevRef) + hs.DeviceValue(Day2DevRef) + hs.DeviceValue(Day3DevRef)) / 3), False)
            Well....this worked and didn't work.... This script set the string of the virtual device but it also set the device value to the same calculated value. When I try and change the device value to Off/Heat/Cool with the device control buttons it doesn't change the device value at all. I assume the only way to fix this device is to delete the virtual device and recreate it?
            Plugin's:

Comment

Instead of pushing it to your phone could you text or email the value? Since it is just for testing it is just a quick communication.
              Karl S
              HS4Pro on Windows 10
              1070 Devices
              56 Z-Wave Nodes
              104 Events
              HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
              Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
                This script set the string of the virtual device but it also set the device value to the same calculated value.
                SetDeviceString should not affect the device value, so something is fishy here. Deleting and recreating the virtual device would be a good thing to try. Or you could first try just recreating the value/status pairs (if you'd like to try to keep the device ref in place so you don't mess up events.)

Comment

Originally posted by teladog01 View Post

SetDeviceString should not affect the device value, so something is fishy here. Deleting and recreating the virtual device would be a good thing to try. Or you could first try just recreating the value/status pairs (if you'd like to try to keep the device ref in place so you don't mess up events.)
                  I ended up deciding that if you can't beat it, just to work with it. I created another device named "HVAC Setting - Outside Avg Temp" that will track what the HVAC should be set to based on a three day average forecast temp. And then used the original virtual device "HVAC Outside Avg Temp" to hold the calculated three day average temperature. Now I can send the three day average via pushover each day to see the trend and evaluate each value that I want to use for the event that changes the HVAC Setting Off/Heat/Cool. I ended up needing to do this after SDG&E put us on a "time of use plan".

So far the set of events has done a really good job of automating when to set the HVAC system to the appropriate mode. Next will be to incorporate open/closed door/windows.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	HVAC setting Outside avg temp.png
Views:	182
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	1358807Click image for larger version

Name:	HVAC Outside device.png
Views:	153
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	1358808Click image for larger version

Name:	HVAC Outside avg temp.png
Views:	151
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	1358809
                  Plugin's:

Comment

I had the same conclusion has you a couple of time. So i create some just for theses type of case.

maybe creating a global variable containing that value would do the trick too.

you can send global variable via pushover plugin too

Comment

Working...
                    X