How to reduce false motion events from triggering alarms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to reduce false motion events from triggering alarms

Reposting this in this forum per HomeSeer support feedback. Appreciate any inputs.
    --------------------

Hi, I recently purchased the Troller SEL PRO. I am moving from Smartthings and still getting the hang of things here. I am unable to figure out how to model an HomeSeer event to do the following:

I get a lot of false motion events. So I want to trigger my alarm/siren only when two motion detectors (which are part of a zone) activate within a certain time. For example, if my foyer goes off, I will trigger the siren only when the adjacent living room also goes off within the next 3 minutes (and vice-versa). The foyer and living room form a zone (Foyer-Living Zone). I will only have two rooms in each zone and can create as many combinations as needed to cover all cases (if this will simplify the setup).

In smart things, I used the below smartapp, but feels like you should be able to do the above with HomeSeer events, but can't figure out the right way.
    https://community.smartthings.com/t/...upported/24188

thanks

---------------------------
    Current Date/Time: 1/25/2020 7:26:47 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548
    Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerSELv5 3.16.0-031600-generic #201408031935 SMP Sun Aug 3 23:56:17 UTC 2014 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 6 Days 6 Hours 29 Minutes 2 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.60
    Number of Devices: 138
    Number of Events: 1
    Available Threads: 199
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.11.1229.18: HSBuddy
    3.0.0.14: NetCAM
    3.0.7164.18799: UltraRachio3
    3.0.1.19: weatherXML
    3.0.1.252: Z-Wave

If you have easy trigger plugin then one of the events would look like this. You will also need a second event that has the nodes reversed. You would need three events if three motion sensors and use and if and or if in the trigger.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-02-01 20-49-30.png
Views:	88
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	1358395

Comment

Originally posted by AllHailJ View Post
      If you have easy trigger plugin then one of the events would look like this. You will also need a second event that has the nodes reversed. You would need three events if three motion sensors and use and if and or if in the trigger.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-02-01 20-49-30.png
Views:	88
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	1358395
      I'm not sure this will solve the problem. I question the AND IF condition proposed by AllHailJ . It would appear that, whatever the range [7,7] means, the "at least" part implies that the condition cannot be satisfied unless the second sensor has held a static value for a long time (more than 3 minutes). I don't think this is what you want.

I agree with the basic approach, but I think that the EasyTrigger condition should require that the second sensor value "has changed within the last" (3 minutes). (For the AND IF condition, choose "EasyTrigger: A Device's Value is...", then in the "Choose Another" dropdown, choose "This device's value has changed within the last...")

Comment

Yes. The AND IF should be TRUE only if the second device triggers WITHIN the next 3 minutes of the first device. I'll try out and report with easy trigger plugin. thanks for the inputs.

Comment

Working...
        X