Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reporting overall status of multiple devices

Hi

I have a number of door/window sensors, which each report their individual open/closed status. I have created a virtual device that I would like to use to report the overall status of all sensors, i.e. 'Something Open' or 'All Closed'.

So far I have created the event to set the 'Something Open' status:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-03-25 at 15.07.25.png
Views:	68
Size:	473.0 KB
ID:	1372608

This is working great.

The next step is to create the event to set the 'All Closed' status. I have attempted this, however, I can't seem to find a way to configure this so that it only triggers when ALL of the sensors are closed (AND IF as opposed to OR IF). I connected support, who suggested that I post here.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks
    Greg

Hello Greg,

The reason that your Open Event works every time is because the first If and all of the other Or If statements are all "Triggers". When you created your Close Event and created the first If "Trigger" and then followed it by "And If", the first If must be triggered before it evaluates the rest of the "And If" conditions. So If Door 1 Opens And If all of the other "And If" conditions are true then the event will trigger.

The first statement is a Trigger, which triggers the event to be evaluated against the rest of the conditions (And If). If one of the conditions is true, unless your trigger is true at the same time, the event will not run.

To fix, one suggestion would be to change your first trigger to:
    IF The event will automatically trigger every 1s
    Then follow it with all of your And If statements for each door/window. **However, make sure to add the last And If that evaluates if your Doors Open/Closed virtual device is Open. This way the event won't trigger every second that all of the doors are closed.**

The other alternative that I would strongly suggest, use the EasyTrigger plugin. You can create a group inside the plugin with all of your Doors/Windows, then create two simple events, one to evaluate if All Doors/Windows in group are closed then do this. And another to evaluate all Doors/Windows in group Open then do this.
    HS3 3.0.0.548 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.71 with 996 Devices, 547 Events
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave 3.0.1.252

Comment

Hello The Profit

Many thanks for your reply. I have followed your instructions and that worked perfectly!

I will include screenshots below for anyone else looking to do the same.

Greg

Name:	Screenshot 2020-03-26 at 11.02.11.png
Views:	37
Size:	389.5 KB
ID:	1372808

Name:	26032020_094241_0.png
Views:	35
Size:	176.6 KB
ID:	1372809

Comment