Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Events Fail on Status Value Change - Issue 84

Hello,

Any events I have triggering on status change or conditions set on status value fail to trigger.

Attached Files
    Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

I am not sure exactly what you are expecting to happen. Maybe further information would be helpful.

But do note that:

The first event will only happen at 10pm, and then only if the security partition has a value of not 300.

The second event will only happen if the first trigger is not 0, and becomes 0, or if the second trigger is not paused, and becomes paused.

(The "Trigger" is only the first statement (the one after an IF or an ORIF. The statements following AND IF are conditions, and are only checked when that trigger is triggered.)

Check out the Event Clinic for more information on events and the difference between a trigger and a condition.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

What I am trying to get to happen in the top example is to have the event trigger at 10pm UNLESS the panel is in status 300. The event does not trigger even though the conditions are met.

The second example shows an even I want to trigger when that devices CHANGES to either 0 (Stopped) or 2(Paused). This even event also does not trigger.

It seems that any even that has a condition or trigger that is based on a device value to status change does not trigger. Plain TIMED (do this at this time) events seem to work ok.

Same with the even below. The Device "DellDellLappie" does correctly change status from "STOPPED" to "PLAYING" when we start a movie but the event does not trigger.

Attached Files

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

In the example below, I want the alarm to ARM in Stay mode but ONLY IF it is NOT in currently set as AWAY. According the docs, the "away" value is supposed to be 1652 but HS has a bug in their code and it is currently showing "300". So, I want the alarm to arm in stay mode at 9pm if it is not currently either 1652 or 300 status. If it is, skip it...

The issue is that as you can see, I can only have one statement of "value that is not equal to..." in the conditions. This even never runs even though the alarm is not in either status listed in the condistion:

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
          Hello,
          What I am trying to get to happen in the top example is to have the event trigger at 10pm UNLESS the panel is in status 300. The event does not trigger even though the conditions are met.
          I am not familiar with the actual device, so only guessing here. Do we know what the actual value is at 10pm when the event should have fired? Also, is it possible to change the condition to just "not equal to 300"?

The second example shows an even I want to trigger when that devices CHANGES to either 0 (Stopped) or 2(Paused). This even event also does not trigger.

It seems that any even that has a condition or trigger that is based on a device value to status change does not trigger. Plain TIMED (do this at this time) events seem to work ok.

Same with the even below. The Device "DellDellLappie" does correctly change status from "STOPPED" to "PLAYING" when we start a movie but the event does not trigger.
          When you have an "Or If", you must repeat a trigger, and also repeat that trigger's condition(s). For example (for the second email reply above):

If Time is 9:00pm
          AndIf Dsc Is not 300

OrIf Time is 9:00pm
          AndIf Dsc is not 1652

Notice the repeat of the time! Also, all of the conditions have to be re-specified for the second OrIf trigger, as the conditions on the first If trigger are only for that trigger, and do not carry over to the second one. Consider the "Or If" stuff to be a completely separate "event", that just happens to share the action "then" list with the first "event". I am not sure, but I think this may be the root of your problem.

Comment

Ah, ok, so I have to repeat EVERYTHING for the OR, as if the 1st one is not there at all!!???? Ok, that makes sense. I will try that... Thanks for the catch!

What thoughts do you have on the second one, the one right above your post...

Comment

I am also wondering about the range condition. In the cases you are using I would not use a range but just a single value as suggested. It's possible that a range that has no span (such as 0..0 or 300...300) is always empty. You could test it by using 300...301 to see if that makes a difference, but otherwise a single value seems more appropriate in these situations.
              Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Ah, ok, so I have to repeat EVERYTHING for the OR, as if the 1st one is not there at all!!????
                Correct. Each "If" or "Or If" should be considered a completely different event, with its own trigger (the first item) and its own conditions on that trigger (the "And If" items). The reason for using the "Or If" is so that you do not have to repeat (or duplicate) all of the actions for the second "event". The effect is the same as if you were to actually use two separate events, with identical action items in both events.

I will be interested to hear what kind of results you get after making this logic change!

Comment

This one is more of a puzzle. The first thing I'd try is to create a new event from scratch with the same trigger and a very simple action, like writing something to the log, for example to see if that runs as expected. If it does, then I'd add to it one of the actions to adjust the lights (leaving the other action in place) and test it again. Then add the second light action. Then remove the simple action to see if / when the event stops working.

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                  HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                    I am also wondering about the range condition. In the cases you are using I would not use a range but just a single value as suggested. It's possible that a range that has no span (such as 0..0 or 300...300) is always empty. You could test it by using 300...301 to see if that makes a difference, but otherwise a single value seems more appropriate in these situations.
                    Well, HS3 is very different to HS2 and there is no way that I can see to have a "Not equal to this value" in HS3 that does not have a range. The only way to not have a range is to IF it HAS this value.

I just can't figure out any of these events with conditions. Nothing with conditions triggers. If my event is missing "AND IF" or "OR IF" it fires....

Comment

there is no way that I can see to have a "Not equal to this value" in HS3 that does not have a range.
                      You have to select "This device had its value set and is not equal to..." Yes it is very poorly worded.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-04-13 21.45.31.png
Views:	84
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	1377518

Comment

Originally posted by teladog01 View Post

You have to select "This device had its value set and is not equal to..." Yes it is very poorly worded.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-04-13 21.45.31.png
Views:	84
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	1377518
                        Thanks for the reply. That is exactly what I chose to set it like that. HS changed the language in my screenshot but that is how I have it setup.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. That is exactly what I chose to set it like that. HS changed the language in my screenshot but that is how I have it setup.
                          Then I guess I am confused why you think you have to put a range? You can select a single value with that condition.

Comment

Oh... I did t know that... the documentation doesnt cover this very well at all.

which one do I fill in? The first one or back one? The reason i ask is because it makes me put in something in both the from and to fields on the range.

Comment

I only have ther options toh see here. The range is the only option where I can specify a code. The other options dont work as conditions.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X