Events Fail on Status Value Change - Issue 84

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
    I only have ther options toh see here. The range is the only option where I can specify a code. The other options dont work as conditions.
    Thanks for the screenshots...I see now what's going on. You need to choose the Status that corresponds to the value of 301. You can find that on the Status Graphics tab of the device. If there isn't a status in the list that corresponds to the value 301, then you have to pick the "custom value or range" like you have been doing.

But just to be clear, this shouldn't affect the operation of the event. It should work the same whether you do a range of 301 to 301, or just pick a single value/status.

Comment

I only have ther options toh see here. The range is the only option where I can specify a code.
      Try entering a number in just the first field and leave the other one blank. That should collapse to say 'not equal to 301'.

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the reply!!

Originally posted by teladog01 View Post

Thanks for the screenshots...I see now what's going on. You need to choose the Status that corresponds to the value of 301. You can find that on the Status Graphics tab of the device. If there isn't a status in the list that corresponds to the value 301, then you have to pick the "custom value or range" like you have been doing.

But just to be clear, this shouldn't affect the operation of the event. It should work the same whether you do a range of 301 to 301, or just pick a single value/status.
        I have gone to the Status Graphics tab and these are the only codes it shows for the DSC HomeSeer plugin. I think this is why I can't get the normal status and have to use range. I did try to set condition based on "Disarmed, Armed Stay", etc but that does not work either.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 7.27.52 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	464.5 KB ID:	1377784
        Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
          Try entering a number in just the first field and leave the other one blank. That should collapse to say 'not equal to 301'.

Thanks for the reply!

I tried to leave it blank and it defaults to the same value as the other field. It is not an option to leave it blank. It seems that the "does not equal" thing is the only one that forces a range. Equal to allows for just one code.

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Thanks for the reply!

I tried to leave it blank and it defaults to the same value as the other field. It is not an option to leave it blank. It seems that the "does not equal" thing is the only one that forces a range. Equal to allows for just one code.
            OK, your device does not have a status/value pair for 300 or 301, so your only option is to pick the "custom value or range" in the condition. And it appears you've found yet another inconsistency in HS3, that it does not allow a single custom value in the "is not equal to" condition, even though it does in the " "equal to" condition.

So it turns out you are doing it correctly then.

Let's regroup here and find out exactly what isn't working. You've posted several different events and I think you fixed one of them, so what's not working now?

Comment

Thanks for all your help.

I think I may have a work around, not a fix... For one, no event triggers on custom value change if there is a range. Single custom values do work. This is still a bug for me.

What I did was make a custom status pair in the device tab, above as an example I added 300 to mean Armed Away and 301 to mean Armed Stay. I then changed the event to condition on those new status pairs instead of the code. The test worked manually but will soak test to ensure it works on automatic triggers.

Btw, this has nOt addressed the issue that the DSC plugin is not pulling the right codes from the IT100. But that is another thread. Lol Click image for larger version

Name:	SmartSelect_20200415-110358_Chrome.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	1377986Click image for larger version

Name:	SmartSelect_20200415-110255_Chrome.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	1377987

Comment

What I did was make a custom status pair in the device tab, above as an example I added 300 to mean Armed Away and 301 to mean Armed Stay. I then changed the event to condition on those new status pairs instead of the code. The test worked manually but will soak test to ensure it works on automatic triggers.
                This is a good idea 👍 And I think you should now be able to select just the single value? Your screenshot shows you are still using a custom range (Armed Away to Armed Away). Can you not just select the single status Armed Away from the list now, so that it says "has a value that is not equal to Armed Away"?

Comment

Originally posted by teladog01 View Post

This is a good idea 👍 And I think you should now be able to select just the single value? Your screenshot shows you are still using a custom range (Armed Away to Armed Away). Can you not just select the single status Armed Away from the list now, so that it says "has a value that is not equal to Armed Away"?
                  Correct. If you want a DOES NOT EQUAL, you seem to only be able to use a range. I hope I'm wrong but so far seems to be the only way ...

Comment

What I meant is that you should be able to just select the Armed Away status from the drop down box now (and not need to select custom value or range)...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-04-15 14.15.10.png
Views:	52
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	1378024

Isn't "Armed Away" showing up now in the the drop down box?

Comment

Ah!!! I totally get it now... Yes, that makes sense and I have now gone back and changed all those "ranges" and picked a status - now that there is one.

Soak test today and tomorrow. Hopefully, this works!

Thanks again for your help!

Comment

Working...
                      X