Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS Wiz needed! Base heat setting from physical thermostat to base setting in HS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS Wiz needed! Base heat setting from physical thermostat to base setting in HS?

Hi!

I am working on energy management in my home, but I need to learn more.

I want to create a base setting for heating that apply normally, when power consumption are low(any given parametre).

Currently I got 8 consumers under control, and they run on a fixed pre-programmed value set in a HS event, when power consumption is below certain limit.

If consumption exceeds said limit, a HS event reduce temperature setting to a fixed lower value, to prevent heating until power consumption is lower than -X value.

But, it's not very WAF friendly when it is not possible to change settings in the house from the button on the wall.

These are my devices for one heated floor:

I got a setpoint device, that if changed, alter the thermostat-device setting.

If the setting are changed manually on the thermostat, the thermostat-device value changes, but not the setpoint-device value.

One device shows if the floor is active and is heating, displaying on/off.

And then the floor temperature-device, that display the temperature in the floor.

#1: How to make the button on the wall alter the base-temperature setting?

#2: And how to reduce temperature 1degree from this when power consumption is high?

How to build my event logic?

Thanks in advance,

From a user perspective, I would suggest creating a notification, through a smart speaker or text message letting people know that there is a high energy usage state instead of turning off the heat.

However, if you want to play around with this... Have you used the plug-in called EasyTrigger? I haven't worked out your logic problem out fully but I would use plugin as a starting point. In my home I use EasyTrigger stacks often in my thermostat controls. I have a occupied virtual device that is triggered with new motion or door opening and then goes back to an unoccupied state when those triggers fade. The thermostat is set to 60 degrees (F) when unoccupied and set to the last stack value when occupied. The stacks are filled when the thermostat is manually set with events to do just that.

What you could do is if the thermostat is manually set, then an event would trigger adding that value to the stack and then disable the event to shut down the floor heater for a set period.

It's a starting point at least.

-Devan

Comment

Hi!

Thank you for your reply.

I'll try to illustrate the issue. I don't actually want to turn off the heat, just briefly.

Here's the most recent 20 highest hours in April I my house, and we are charged from the one hour with highest consumption, this month.

Now the highest one is 5,91kWh. Cooking, water heating, baking of bread etc might happen at the same time, in addition to the floor heating.

Here's a snapshot from my "Power" app:

I cannot have the relays click on and off at every small peak.

What I want to, is to log average consumption every hour in the day with a time- and date-stamp and put it in a list, that run from the 1st to the last every month.

The highest average hour is the one I want to use as baseline to prevent new hours with even higher consumption in the current hour.

If consumption is very high, don't heat, and if the current average gets close to the "high-average", don't heat until next hour.

So in that way, if we already have used 10kWh, there is less gain from reducing heat and things should run as normal with the required setting. General powersaving is not the main goal here.

Today I have got a 4kW limit, for when the thermostat temperature is reduced by 1degree, with various Delayed actions, so that they doesn't start and stop at the same time.

And a below 3kw limit for the event that changes the thermostat temp to "high" setting.

To-do-list:
      #1 Every device should run as normal on "high" setting.
      #2 If high power conditions occur, the device should ask for "permission to heat".
      #3 The devices should heat at random order.
      #4 If the average consumption gets close to the highest, don't heat until next hour.
      #5 On-wall thermostat moves settings.

I got the Easytrigger plugin, just need to learn how to benefit from it's possibilities!

Comment

Working...
      X