Dimmer - Timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dimmer - Timer

I’d like to program a dimmer to turn off if it’s been on (any dim level >0%) for 15 minutes. My on/off switch events work great if I set the rule to, “if on/off switch has been On for at least 15 minutes,” but this event only seems to work when dimmer is at 100%. I’d appreciate any ideas here. Thanks.

If you have easy trigger the event is simple. I only did it for 15 seconds to ensure it would work.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-06-16 00-21-16.png
Views:	189
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	1394183

Comment

Thanks, but I don’t have Easy Trigger. Is there a way to do this using the native Homeseer software?

Comment

Yes but it will take a timer and multiple events.

Event 1. When light changes to >0 and < 99 then start timer.
        Event 2. When Timer > time desired turn off light and stop and reset timer.

Comment

It's worth considering buying EasyTrigger. That plugin is worth its weight in gold.

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
            It's worth considering buying EasyTrigger. That plugin is worth its weight in gold.
            Paul - Agree 100% but thought I should answer the question as asked.

Comment

Try using a delayed event. Rather than triggering at the off time, this event triggers when the light turns on, but its action runs at the time when the light is to be turned off.

There's a special action you'll want to run first - 'Remove Delayed Device Actions'. Without this, if you were to turn the light on, then off, then back on within the 15 minutes, the light would turn off 15 minutes after the first 'on' rather than the 2nd.

So for a device XYZ,

IF XYZ changes and becomes Any Value
              THEN Remove Delayed Device Actions for XYZ
              THEN Set XYZ to Off
              after a delay of 15 Minutes, 0 Seconds

This picture is for an on/off only device, but shows the actions.
              Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful - this is great. Thanks to everyone for all the help!

Comment

That’s actually pretty slick. I have a few places where that would be cleaner than the way I have done it...

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
                    Try using a delayed event. Rather than triggering at the off time, this event triggers when the light turns on, but its action runs at the time when the light is to be turned off.

There's a special action you'll want to run first - 'Remove Delayed Device Actions'. Without this, if you were to turn the light on, then off, then back on within the 15 minutes, the light would turn off 15 minutes after the first 'on' rather than the 2nd.

So for a device XYZ,

IF XYZ changes and becomes Any Value
                    THEN Remove Delayed Device Actions for XYZ
                    THEN Set XYZ to Off
                    after a delay of 15 Minutes, 0 Seconds

This picture is for an on/off only device, but shows the actions.
                    Completely agree on the device action ‘’ remove delayed device actions’’.

On the same logic there is the same for delayed events. Keep that in mind when you’ll be ready to set some conditional (or not) event actions

Comment

Working...
                    X