VB scripts dont work after auto startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VB scripts dont work after auto startup

I've seen various flavors of this problem. I have a new HomeTroller S6 and when it starts, VB scripts will not run (I get the schedule.dll not found error). If I kill HS3 and then restart it by double clicking in the file manager everything works. I added the HS directory to the path, hoping that would solve it, but it did not. Is there some parameter I cannot find to tell the autostart task to run in the Homeseer folder so it can find scheduler.dll? I have tried putting a copt of scheduler.dll in any number of different folders to no avail -- I tried c:\; c:\windows; c:\windows\system32 --- where is the vb script compiler looking for this? Or what is the current directory when hs3 is started?

Is this a newer S6 as this should have shipped with a task running the HS3 exe with admin priviledges.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes it is relatively new (several months, perhaps). The task runs HS3 under the HOMESEER user account and the 'run with highest privilege's' box is checked

Comment

Ok it is fixed --- I had the answer and just didn't see it: edited the start-up task to include a "start in" parameter (which was blank) to point to the Homeseer directory. Everything works now.

Comment

Working...
        X