Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you set up an Event to be triggered by an incoming email?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you set up an Event to be triggered by an incoming email?

Sorry if this sounds pretty basic, but I have searched the Forums and cant find the answer.
    My Zee S2 can use Events to send an email to my Gmail account no problem. That is, if Google stops turning off "Less secure access"!

But I don't know how to configure an incoming email correctly to trigger an Event. I can set up a Event with a "Received email from Anybody"
    and a specific Subject text. How do I configure the Zee S2 Tools Email tab, "Email Settings Receiving" section?

Also, how does any email address the Zee S2? I want any of my family to be able to send an email to the Zee S2 to send a specific
    text command, as long as the text command in the Subject text is correct???

Thanks everyone!
    Derek

First, a caveat: I'm using HS3 on a HomeTroller, don't know anything about HS4 or Zee S2.

You say that you already have HS sending to your Gmail account with no problems. I also use Gmail. To make HS3 respond to incoming email on the same account it uses for sending, go to Tools -> Setup, then click the E-mail tab. The last major section is E-mail Settings Receiving. You need to check the box for "Check E-mail", as shown below. I did this, and it worked with all the other defaults left alone.

Note the Check Frequency entry. If you send HS3 an email, an event that is watching for it won't get triggered until the next email check interval. In this case, the delay could be as much as 10 minutes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-11-11_12-51-53.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	1432612

My test event looks like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-11-11_13-10-02.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	1432613

I hope this helps.

Comment

Many thanks, but when I tick the Check E-Mail box, with the same default parameters, I get this immediate error in the Log:
      Unable to log into Gmail server: Authenticate as SSL client failed. You might be connecting to non SSL port.:Inner Exception: System.IO.IOException: The authentication or decryption has failed. ---> Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.TlsException: Invalid certificate received from server. at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.Handshake.Client.TlsServerCertifi cate.LocalValidation (Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.ClientContext context, AlertDescription description) [0x00000] in :0 at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.Handshake.Client.TlsServerCertifi cate.validateCertificates (Mono.Security.X509.X509CertificateCollection certificates) [0x00000] in :0 at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.Handshake.Client.TlsServerCertifi cate.ProcessAsTls1 () [0x00000] in :0 at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.Handshake.HandshakeMessage.Proces s () [0x00000] in :0 at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.Handshake.HandshakeMessage:Proces s () at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.ClientRecordProtocol.ProcessHands hakeMessage (Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.TlsStream handMsg) [0x00000] in :0 at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.RecordProtocol.InternalReceiveRec ordCallback (IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00000] in :0 --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslStreamBase.AsyncHandshakeCallb ack (IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00000] in :0

Comment

Perhaps I should quit here, since your experience is different from mine. I did notice, however, that right off, your error messages are complaining: "Authenticate as SSL client failed". There is a check box called Use SSL that is found in both the sending and receiving sections of email setup. I have neither of these boxes checked. I find it curious that you would get error messages about SSL client failure if you have not authorized use of SSL(?)

Comment

Well I really appreciate your rapid and very helpful responses. I will try that check box... Thanks again...

Comment

Working...
          X