Event Trigger Not Executing Command

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event Trigger Not Executing Command

Within the past week, a single event "Sunrise" with 4 actions fails to execute the first 3 actions. I deleted the event and recreated with a new name, "Sunrise2" but the same behavior. At 25 min past sunrise, the event should turn off three lights (the first 3 actions) and then 5 hours later, turn on a water fountain. The water fountain will turn on 5 hours later, but the first three actions do not execute.

The log shows the event triggering, but the device action does not execute. See attached at 5/31/2021 5:36;06 am. All devices are Insteon modules.
    Attached Files

Posting a screen shot of the event might help.
    This could also be an Insteon issue, so posting a link to the problem on that forum might get a more Insteon-focused response.
    If you manually trigger the event from the event run icon do all the actions execute as expected?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thanks for the response. I'll post the screen shot when I return home this evening. All other events execute properly. But, to answer your last question, no, if I trigger the event manually, the event does NOT execute. But if I go to the individual device control, I can manually turn on/off.

Comment

Event screen shot
        Attached Files

Comment

The way you have the event action configured, with multiple devices being controlled in a single event action, I would expect all four of the device actions to execute at the same time, 5 hrs and 25 mins after sunrise. If you want the first three devices to be controlled immediately, they should be moved to a separate event action without the 5 hour delay.

Comment

Originally posted by teladog01 View Post
            The way you have the event action configured, with multiple devices being controlled in a single event action, I would expect all four of the device actions to execute at the same time, 5 hrs and 25 mins after sunrise. If you want the first three devices to be controlled immediately, they should be moved to a separate event action without the 5 hour delay.
            I agree. I've also found that combining multiple devices in a single device action has not been totally reliable. I make it a practice to use a separate 'Then' for every action.
            See this thread for a bit more.
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I agree with the best practice of using a separate action for each device control. While a robust and stable system can send several device control actions at once, I have seen problems on slower systems, especially when controlling Z-Wave devices.

Also, when multiple devices are controlled within a single action, the delay will apply to all devices. So all four of the devices will have the 5 hour delay.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I don't understand this. Have we lost the ability to say:

Do this
                Do that
                Do the other
                wait 20 minutes
                Do the last thing

If so, why on earth?
                HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
                Home Assistant 2024.3
                Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
                Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
                Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
                WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
                AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Originally posted by ewkearns View Post
                  I don't understand this. Have we lost the ability to say:

Do this
                  Do that
                  Do the other
                  wait 20 minutes
                  Do the last thing

If so, why on earth?
                  You can still do that. I see the difference of what the OP's event does was:

Do this, that, the other, the last thing after waiting 20 minutes

Rather than:

Do this, that, the last thing
                  Do the other after waiting 20 minutes
                  Len

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
                  Linux version: Linux homeseer Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64
                  Number of Devices: 633
                  Number of Events: 773

Enabled Plug-Ins
                  2.0.54.0: BLBackup
                  2.0.40.0: BLLAN
                  3.0.0.48: EasyTrigger
                  30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
                  3.0.6.2: SDJ-Health
                  3.0.0.87: weatherXML
                  3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

Comment

Thanks everyone ... I just needed to slow down and read the event again. It is as several of you pointed out. I added the 5 hour delay of a new device (the fountain) and mistakenly added to the single event section. I have a few other events where I use a delay and knew that I had to separate into a different section, but I was sloppy and tried to add to the same section. Homeseer is operating as expected. Thus, the revised event ...

Thanks again.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dmusel View Post
                      <snip> I added the 5 hour delay of a new device (the fountain) and mistakenly added to the single event section. I have a few other events where I use a delay and knew that I had to separate into a different section, but I was sloppy and tried to add to the same section. Homeseer is operating as expected. Thus, the revised event ...

Thanks again.
                      I certainly didn't see this at first.

To somebody still on HS3, graphically, this is pretty cryptic, at first. I wish the HS4 documentation contained:
                      • more "examples," (i. e., a thing characteristic of its kind or illustrating a general rule [think: screen shot]) rather than another textual description of the text you already didn't understand and
                      • fewer blank pages (not 404, just blank).

Glad you figured out your problem and also glad this created a dialog that taught us something.
                      HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
                      Home Assistant 2024.3
                      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
                      Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
                      Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
                      WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
                      AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Working...
                      X