X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ewkearns
    replied
    Originally posted by dmusel View Post
    <snip> I added the 5 hour delay of a new device (the fountain) and mistakenly added to the single event section. I have a few other events where I use a delay and knew that I had to separate into a different section, but I was sloppy and tried to add to the same section. Homeseer is operating as expected. Thus, the revised event ...

Thanks again.
    I certainly didn't see this at first.

To somebody still on HS3, graphically, this is pretty cryptic, at first. I wish the HS4 documentation contained:
    • more "examples," (i. e., a thing characteristic of its kind or illustrating a general rule [think: screen shot]) rather than another textual description of the text you already didn't understand and
    • fewer blank pages (not 404, just blank).

Glad you figured out your problem and also glad this created a dialog that taught us something.

Leave a comment:

• dmusel
    replied
    Thanks everyone ... I just needed to slow down and read the event again. It is as several of you pointed out. I added the 5 hour delay of a new device (the fountain) and mistakenly added to the single event section. I have a few other events where I use a delay and knew that I had to separate into a different section, but I was sloppy and tried to add to the same section. Homeseer is operating as expected. Thus, the revised event ...

Thanks again.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• lveatch
    replied
    Originally posted by ewkearns View Post
    I don't understand this. Have we lost the ability to say:

Do this
    Do that
    Do the other
    wait 20 minutes
    Do the last thing

If so, why on earth?
    You can still do that. I see the difference of what the OP's event does was:

Do this, that, the other, the last thing after waiting 20 minutes

Rather than:

Do this, that, the last thing
    Do the other after waiting 20 minutes

Leave a comment:

• ewkearns
    replied
    I don't understand this. Have we lost the ability to say:

Do this
    Do that
    Do the other
    wait 20 minutes
    Do the last thing

If so, why on earth?

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    I agree with the best practice of using a separate action for each device control. While a robust and stable system can send several device control actions at once, I have seen problems on slower systems, especially when controlling Z-Wave devices.

Also, when multiple devices are controlled within a single action, the delay will apply to all devices. So all four of the devices will have the 5 hour delay.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by teladog01 View Post
    The way you have the event action configured, with multiple devices being controlled in a single event action, I would expect all four of the device actions to execute at the same time, 5 hrs and 25 mins after sunrise. If you want the first three devices to be controlled immediately, they should be moved to a separate event action without the 5 hour delay.
    I agree. I've also found that combining multiple devices in a single device action has not been totally reliable. I make it a practice to use a separate 'Then' for every action.
    See this thread for a bit more.

Leave a comment:

• teladog01
    replied
    The way you have the event action configured, with multiple devices being controlled in a single event action, I would expect all four of the device actions to execute at the same time, 5 hrs and 25 mins after sunrise. If you want the first three devices to be controlled immediately, they should be moved to a separate event action without the 5 hour delay.

Leave a comment:

• dmusel
    replied
    Event screen shot
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dmusel
    replied
    Thanks for the response. I'll post the screen shot when I return home this evening. All other events execute properly. But, to answer your last question, no, if I trigger the event manually, the event does NOT execute. But if I go to the individual device control, I can manually turn on/off.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Michael
    replied
    Posting a screen shot of the event might help.
    This could also be an Insteon issue, so posting a link to the problem on that forum might get a more Insteon-focused response.
    If you manually trigger the event from the event run icon do all the actions execute as expected?

Leave a comment:

• dmusel
    started a topic Event Trigger Not Executing Command

Event Trigger Not Executing Command

Within the past week, a single event "Sunrise" with 4 actions fails to execute the first 3 actions. I deleted the event and recreated with a new name, "Sunrise2" but the same behavior. At 25 min past sunrise, the event should turn off three lights (the first 3 actions) and then 5 hours later, turn on a water fountain. The water fountain will turn on 5 hours later, but the first three actions do not execute.

The log shows the event triggering, but the device action does not execute. See attached at 5/31/2021 5:36;06 am. All devices are Insteon modules.
    Attached Files
Working...
X