Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating events in HS4

Hi Everyone,

I'm using HS for few years and it is working ok, not great, not to my expectations.
    Considering spending almost 2k on parts, software, etc, I'm expecting more.
    One of main requirements that I have is creation events that will start specific tasks. For example, I have 3 virtual thermostats, one hardwired z-wave thermostat, air duct booster fan speed controllers for each virtual thermostats and furnace temperature sensor.

When virtual thermostat calls for heat, event changes hardwired thermostats heat setpoint and starts furnace. When furnace temperature is higher than 35 deg C, air furnace blower fan should start. Well , it doesn't automatically. When I start event manually, it works but not automatically.

Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

Maybe post a picture of the event ?

Comment

Please see attached,
      Attached Files

Comment

I have tried to write event with thermostat change setpoint and booster fan activation above 35 degrees, but that didnt work neither. I have checked that booster fan is not mentioned anywhere else in the events so that i dont have conflict of any kind.

Comment

As your event is written, the fan would only come on if the duct temperature was greater than 35 degC the moment the Zone Control turned on.

If you want the vent fan to turn on when the duct temperature is greater than 35 degC, then that should be the trigger, not the condition. so

IF Duct Temperature had its value set and is greater than 35 degC AND IF the vent fan is not on, THEN turn on the vent fan.
          You could also add an AND IF the Zone Control value is On if you wanted.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Hi Kevb,

Will try as soon as i get home.
            Thank you for suggestion. I can not say that i see much difference in suggested instruction but i'm not programmer.
            Does program not checking all the time changes in sensor readings and state of switches?
            I can see in log file that Zone Control is reporting data pooled and records it. Why would then fan have issues? Just curious !!

Thank you for help,
            It is apreciated.
            ​​​​​​​

Comment

Because when the zone control is changed to ON, the temperature must already be greater than 35C. The trigger is only true at the instant the zone control changes to ON, it will only trigger again if zone control is turned OFF tgen ON again. You really want the Trigger to be when the temperature is set and is greater than 35C, then verify that zone control is on, just as Kevb suggests. This does create a new problem, causing the event to run every time the temperature is greater than 35C and if the zone control in ON. Add a condition checking that the heat vent fan is OFF. This will stop the event from running if the fan is already ON.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Hi Randy,

How hard or resources is this constant checking, measuring and comparing ?

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                  Hi Randy,

How hard or resources is this constant checking, measuring and comparing ?
                  Negligible resources are used by evaluating Triggers. If an Event runs it uses more, because it spins off parallel threads for each action. To understand, here is my system:

Device Count: 3771
                  Event Count: 1629
                  System Load: 231 Processes, 15% Load

With a very busy system and a huge number of Triggers being evaluated, the bulk of which may be true (constrained by conditions), my system is puttering along at very low utilization.
                  HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

OK, i did not take in consideration trigger and condition difference when events are created.
                    I have created event to turn on fan in basement and it is working, but didnt create event to turn it off. That will do tonight.

One more time, thanks everyone for help.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                      OK, i did not take in consideration trigger and condition difference when events are created.
                      I have created event to turn on fan in basement and it is working, but didnt create event to turn it off. That will do tonight.

One more time, thanks everyone for help.
                      Hey Tim,
                      Something that really helped me learn a lot about events is a thread that Randy put together a while back in the Event Clinic thread. I can still go back to it today and learn quite a bit, so it has been a great resource. I've put a link to the post below:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...le-of-contents
                      HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                      Plugin's:
                      BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                      EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                      weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
                      X