Constructing a series of events for motion controlled lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stevemeck View Post
    Not sure DooMotion would help in this situation?

Randy, do you have any of wisdom around stopping the rapid recurring triggers from Fibaro unit?
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Hi Randy,
      I've done that. Here is a cut of the additional Log info:

Jan-18 20:05:21 Event Event Trigger "Bedroom Reset timer"
      Jan-18 20:05:16 Z-Wave Setting device Power to value 1.7
      Jan-18 20:05:16 Z-Wave Set_New_Level, Parent: Upstairs Bedroom Bedroom Main, Child:Upstairs Bedroom Power
      Jan-18 20:05:16 Z-Wave Set_New_Level_Real called for Upstairs Bedroom Power, Type=COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V7, EndPoint=-1
      Jan-18 20:05:16 Z-Wave Set_New_Level_Real: Initial device is Upstairs Bedroom Power
      Jan-18 20:05:16 Z-Wave ApplicationCommandHandler from node 14 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V7 Frame(7)=5
      Jan-18 20:05:15 Z-Wave Setting device Bedroom Main to value 0
      Jan-18 20:05:15 Z-Wave Set_New_Level, Parent: Upstairs Bedroom Bedroom Main, Child:Upstairs Bedroom Bedroom Main
      Jan-18 20:05:15 Z-Wave Set_New_Level_Real called for Upstairs Bedroom Bedroom Main, Type=COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL_V3, EndPoint=0
      Jan-18 20:05:15 Z-Wave Set_New_Level_Real: Initial device is Upstairs Bedroom Bedroom Main
      Jan-18 20:05:15 Z-Wave ApplicationCommandHandler from node 14 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL_V3 Frame(7)=3
      Jan-18 20:05:15 Z-Wave Set_New_Level, Parent: Upstairs Bedroom Bedroom Main, Child:Upstairs Bedroom Bedroom Main
      Jan-18 20:05:15 Z-Wave Set_New_Level_Real called for Upstairs Bedroom Bedroom Main, Type=COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL_V3, EndPoint=0
      Jan-18 20:05:15 Z-Wave Set_New_Level_Real: Initial device is Upstairs Bedroom Bedroom Main
      Jan-18 20:05:15 Z-Wave ApplicationCommandHandler from node 14 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL_V3 Frame(7)=1
      Jan-18 20:05:15 Z-Wave Handling CLASS_BASIC for Upstairs Bedroom Bedroom Main at Node 14, EndPoint=-1, Type=COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC_V2
      Jan-18 20:05:15 Z-Wave Set_New_Level_Real called for Upstairs Bedroom Bedroom Main, Type=COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC_V2, EndPoint=-1
      Jan-18 20:05:15 Event Event Trigger "Bedroom All off timer"
      Jan-18 20:05:15 Z-Wave Device: Upstairs Bedroom Bedroom Main Set to OFF
      Jan-18 20:05:15 Z-Wave Set_New_Level_Real called for Upstairs Bedroom Bedroom Main, Type=COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL_V3, EndPoint=1

Comment

Here's the full node info as well...
        Attached Files

Comment

A small update. I removed the unnecessary associations and left just Group 1 -> Homeseer.

This has reduced the number of re-curring triggers down to 2, so much better but still not working as I need 1 single trigger for each switch press.

I've tried the same 3 events with a different switch and I'm getting exactly the same behaviour. Here is a log of the kitchen switch. Is there something further I need to do with associations?

Ive also attached a screen shot of associations for completeness.

Thanks very much for your assistance so far Randy.
          Attached Files

Comment

Comment

I have one room that is not acting as it should - The only difference is there are two sensors. There are 2 sensors - Ensuite Motion (works fine) and a shower sensor (this one does not).

In the past, this did work with the Fibaro HC2 but I think my logic might be wrong here. What is happening is the Multi 6 works perfectly however despite the Fibaro flashing, the light is still turning off. And once off, it flashes but does not turn on.
              It's only when I stick my arm out over the shower door that the light turns on because the Multi 6 sensor detects motion.

As mentioned, on entry and even later, the Ensuite Motion is perfect. It's the Shower Motion Control that is not turning/keeping the light on.

Just to be clear, the status at the point of the light going off is :
              Ensuite motion : Safe/no motion
              Shower motion: Motion detected

I think it's more logic and as I type this, I am now thinking maybe I should change it to
              When Ensuite sensor and shower sensor has been no motion for 2 minutes then start the turning off process as opposed to when then switch to no motion?

Thanks all

Motion = Light on

IF Upstairs Ensuite Motion Status changes and becomes On-Open-Motion
              AND IF Upstairs Ensuite Shower Motion Control has a value equal to On

OR IF Upstairs Shower Motion Status changes and becomes Motion

THEN Remove Delayed Device Actions for : Upstairs Ensuite Shower Light
              THEN Set Device Upstairs Ensuite Shower Light to On

No Motion = Light Off

IF Upstairs Ensuite Motion Status changes and becomes Off-Closed-No Motion

OR IF Upstairs Shower Motion Status changes and becomes No Motion

THEN Set Device Upstairs Ensuite Shower Light to Off
              after a delay of 2 Minutes, 0 Seconds

Comment

Quite powerful. It gets us into the "automated home" rather than remote controlled home concept. Only thing is that it is quite a lot of work to enable all of the events, counters, and timers. One would think that this sort of a thing should get built into HS natively, or a plugin should be written.

Either way, thanks for sharing....
                HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by aj84 View Post
                  I have one room that is not acting as it should - The only difference is there are two sensors. There are 2 sensors - Ensuite Motion (works fine) and a shower sensor (this one does not).

In the past, this did work with the Fibaro HC2 but I think my logic might be wrong here. What is happening is the Multi 6 works perfectly however despite the Fibaro flashing, the light is still turning off. And once off, it flashes but does not turn on.
                  It's only when I stick my arm out over the shower door that the light turns on because the Multi 6 sensor detects motion.

As mentioned, on entry and even later, the Ensuite Motion is perfect. It's the Shower Motion Control that is not turning/keeping the light on.

Just to be clear, the status at the point of the light going off is :
                  Ensuite motion : Safe/no motion
                  Shower motion: Motion detected

I think it's more logic and as I type this, I am now thinking maybe I should change it to
                  When Ensuite sensor and shower sensor has been no motion for 2 minutes then start the turning off process as opposed to when then switch to no motion?

Thanks all

Motion = Light on

IF Upstairs Ensuite Motion Status changes and becomes On-Open-Motion

OR IF Upstairs Shower Motion Status changes and becomes Motion

THEN Set Device Upstairs Ensuite Shower Light to On

No Motion = Light Off

IF Upstairs Ensuite Motion Status changes and becomes Off-Closed-No Motion

OR IF Upstairs Shower Motion Status changes and becomes No Motion

THEN Set Device Upstairs Ensuite Shower Light to Off
                  after a delay of 2 Minutes, 0 Seconds
                  I'm not sure how your motion sensors are positioned in the room but with the logic that you've setup, both motion sensors would have to show motion at the same time in order for the light On event to trigger. Also you have a delayed action in your light off event that would only delay an Off command unless all of your above triggers and conditions were true.

I've attached an example of how I've used a delayed action for a motion controlled light. The only addition is that it has to be within a specific time schedule. (Using Spuds EasyTrigger plugin)

In my example, every time motion is detected the timer resets and delays the off command by that much time. You can adjust that based on your needs and depending on how your motion sensors work.
                  Attached Files
                  HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                  Plugin's:
                  BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                  EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                  weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Krumpy View Post
                    Quite powerful. It gets us into the "automated home" rather than remote controlled home concept. Only thing is that it is quite a lot of work to enable all of the events, counters, and timers. One would think that this sort of a thing should get built into HS natively, or a plugin should be written.

Either way, thanks for sharing....
                    Hi Krumpy, I think Homeseer builds an automated home into it's system fairly well. (Not saying it's perfect, but what software ever is) If what you are looking for is pre-built logic I don't know if that would be something that would work for every situation. I have some events that I use at work that I need to alter for use at home. That's what I like about Homeseer, so many different people in this community, using a number of different devices in completely different configurations with a software that allows you to customize to your specific situation.

I personally like to have as much of my home and work space "Automated" rather than having to open up my phone or go to a tablet on a wall to turn on a light. I have that option at work and home but mostly for a situation that I either haven't figured out a way to automate yet or for that situation I haven't thought of yet that just came up.

I have to agree with you, it does take a lot of time to setup, I'm sure everyone here would agree with that. But for me, it's fun...and frustrating at times but the end result is kinda cool!
                    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                    Plugin's:
                    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Not sure if you got sorted with your multiple triggers but only just saw your posts.

The Fibaro dimmer has a few caveats with HS3.
                      Assuming you have your associations sorted, then if you want to detect ON or OFF and only have your event fire once, change your trigger to "This device changes and becomes" then select ON or OFF. You should find that your event only fires once per value change.

This type of trigger means that the device has to change value for it to be fired, so if the device is at 99(ON) and you click once on the switch, the value will change from 99(ON) to 0(OFF). Regardless if the value is set to 0 multiple times, your event will only fire on the first value change.

This is a little more tricky if you want to fire on a value that is not ON or OFF (i.e. a dimmed value).

I'm sure you're aware that a double tap on S1 (assuming the default parameter settings) will set the connected load to 99(ON). A single tap (from OFF) will set to last value.

Lets assume that the light was at 50% then switched OFF.
                      The caveat is that a single tap from 0(OFF) will first cause the device value to go to 99(ON) before then changing again to 50 which could cause multiple event triggers depending on the trigger type used.

The way to deal with this is to use the "This device changes and becomes" trigger type and choose "a custom value or value range of" and use a range of 1 to 98.

Paul..

Comment

I'm having an issue with setting this up: if I have my light timer set to 5 minutes, and there is constant motion during that 5 minutes, the lights will turn off. The events don't get re-triggered because there is never a 'no motion' event sent (and therefore no 'motion' event sent to reset the timer). How is everybody else handling this?

Comment

When you 'Set Device [lamp] to On', do you then
                          'Remove Delayed Device Actions for: [lamp]'
                          then
                          'Set Device [lamp] to Off after a delay of mm,ss'

It looks like you might be missing the action to remove Delayed Device Actions'

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelD View Post
                            When you 'Set Device [lamp] to On', do you then
                            'Remove Delayed Device Actions for: [lamp]'
                            then
                            'Set Device [lamp] to Off after a delay of mm,ss'

It looks like you might be missing the action to remove Delayed Device Actions'
                            haha, realized I posted the above in the wrong thread... but, you solved my issue anyhow! Thanks, cheers!

Comment

I have been trying to get around to following the original 2015 post of how to do this motion control. I am new to HS. I now find that most of the latter half of the description, in particular the ON-OFF-ON signal and its control has disappeared from my view of the original post by rPrade. I am not sure whether this is a configuration thing or it has been changed or what. Can anyone help with this?

Comment

Originally posted by quinn View Post
                                I have been trying to get around to following the original 2015 post of how to do this motion control. I am new to HS. I now find that most of the latter half of the description, in particular the ON-OFF-ON signal and its control has disappeared from my view of the original post by rPrade. I am not sure whether this is a configuration thing or it has been changed or what. Can anyone help with this?
                                It looks like the second post was lost when the new board software was installed. I will try to rebuild the post this weekend.

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
                                X