X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rprade View Post
    All Events offer the same options.

[ATTACH]59277[/ATTACH]

I use the "Cannot Re-Run For:" to keep an event from re-triggering prematurely. With 5 seconds it gives all devices time to report their new status if controlled by the event. Usually things happen immediately, but the 5 second buffer allows for any system delays. The other options should be self explanatory.

The limit on devices is currently 9,999. Z-Wave has a limit of 232 devices per HomeID, but you can use multiple HomeIDs. I currently have 2100 devices, of which 117 are Z-Wave root nodes. Some of the Z-Wave devices have multiple child devices, so I would guess of the 2100 at least 200 are Z-Wave. The Z-Wave devices are spread among 3 controllers, each with its own HomeID.

All of my motion sensors are hardwired because I like the instant reporting of changes in status. As soon as it is no longer detecting motion, it goes to "No Motion" without delay. Motion is reported within 1/2 second. I have 18 motion sensor zones, some of which have more than 1 motion sensor. They are all handled by my DSC security system and reported to HomeSeer with Spud's Envisilink plug-in.
    I would much prefer hard wired too, but probably won't get them all in. Question about your 18 motion zones. Are they all inside? And where do you have them - and where *don't* you have them? I'm in a unique position that I can add some additional locations now during a home remodel, but that window won't last, and I'd prefer to get them in all the most helpful locations (e.g. maybe not in bathrooms?).

So I'd really like to get your take on how you got them all wired and what your decision process was about to determine room placement.

Do you have any *outside* motion sensors? I've heard that results are not too bad, but I'd like to do that too. Outside, as well as inside, would be for motion detection and outside lighting rather than alarming based on detection.

If you have outside motion sensors, what type (make, model) did you get and are you happy with performance? I have the 2 sides of my home (just over 5 feet wide) and one is 24' while the other side of the house is 34'. So a sensor attached to the siding (roof is too high at the back - downward slope to yard) to get it under the eave, so it would be exposed to direct elements (rain, snow, etc.).

I will have some type of security system installed for self-monitoring, but I expect it will be mostly for perimeter security rather than call center monitored.

What is a DCS Security system? Is it an alarm or some type of a collector system for motion sensor home runs? One question I had around that was how you could put so many motion sensors so they can be monitored independently.

Any overall advice to enhancing this in my home?

Comment

Hi all,
      Firstly, thank you for the very clear step-by-step on this. Coming from Fibaro, I'm really new to all this but it was pretty clear enough and at the end of it, it seemed to work albeit it took a good hour or so to get it working...and so related to this:

Once the 9 events are created, is there something I need to do to make them "active"?
      I can click on the run button and it toggles the virtual device that is created - for instance, the dusk/dawn VD but how does it run from there on so that it does toggle the dusk/dawn depending on the timing?
      Reason I ask is while the motion worked last night, it also worked this morning at 11am - I would have expected it to be off as it's light outside.
      Looking at the toggle, it VD was still on for dusk/dawn.

I had another question but it's gone so I'll ask once I rememeber

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by aj84 View Post
        Once the 9 events are created, is there something I need to do to make them "active"?
        If you post a screen shot of your event, it may help, but the first thing to check is to be sure the event is enabled (green check, not a red circle with a line though it).
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Soon after I posted this, it all started to work so no idea what "fixed" it but I'm happy so far.

There are a couple of rooms that are not functioning as it should - ie the downstairs landing/hallway switches on when it should but when it turns off...it turns back on again.
          But thats for me to check properly I've not accidently added the wrong motion sensor or the motion sensor itself is not getting stuck.

Thanks for the reply

Comment

Originally posted by aj84 View Post
            Soon after I posted this, it all started to work so no idea what "fixed" it but I'm happy so far.

There are a couple of rooms that are not functioning as it should - ie the downstairs landing/hallway switches on when it should but when it turns off...it turns back on again.
            But thats for me to check properly I've not accidently added the wrong motion sensor or the motion sensor itself is not getting stuck.

Thanks for the reply
            I have done events where my brain took a break and I said when motion off, turn a light on.. just make sure that reading through the script you follow and it is doing what you want.

some events can be fairly simple, the guys helped me with this one yesterday and it is performing as expected. The nice thing is that it removes a delay, then adds delay, etc if motion is detected leaving the lights on while in there. Albeit it has to detect motion within that time...
            Attached Files
            HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

This post has been useful for me to understand that I can do more with the Fibaro Dimmer 2 units that I have. My thinking is that if I press the (momentry) switch to off position once I get the main lights to turn off, but if I press it again within a couple of seconds I can then run an event to turn off remaining side lights, stop Sonos etc.

I've tried to re-create 3 events based on yours that achieves this but I'm getting odd behaviour that I can't understand. Screenshots of the 3 events I've created below.

With these active if I press off on the light switch just once it still runs the "All off' event. On looking at the log I seem to be getting 3 instances of "All off timer' event (even though the off position has only been pressed once on switch.

I'm sure there is something obvious I'm doing wring but I can't see it!!! Any thoughts?
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Stevemeck View Post
                This post has been useful for me to understand that I can do more with the Fibaro Dimmer 2 units that I have. My thinking is that if I press the (momentry) switch to off position once I get the main lights to turn off, but if I press it again within a couple of seconds I can then run an event to turn off remaining side lights, stop Sonos etc.

I've tried to re-create 3 events based on yours that achieves this but I'm getting odd behaviour that I can't understand. Screenshots of the 3 events I've created below.

With these active if I press off on the light switch just once it still runs the "All off' event. On looking at the log I seem to be getting 3 instances of "All off timer' event (even though the off position has only been pressed once on switch.

I'm sure there is something obvious I'm doing wring but I can't see it!!! Any thoughts?
                Your primary event "Bedroom All off" is only triggering once. You have another event triggering 4 times that is not pictured: "Bedroom All off timer - copy". It seems to be an event that you cloned from the "All off timer" event. I would have to see that event to see why it is repeatedly triggering and if it might be affecting the counter or timer. If it is not an event you are using now, disable it. If you didn't intend to create it, delete it.
                Last edited by randy; January 17, 2018, 11:06 AM.
                HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry for the confusion, I realised I had already renamed the 'All off timer - Copy' event to 'All off timer' between taking screen shots of the log then the events... just to make it extra difficult to troubleshoot!

Here is a copy of the log with events as details in above screen shots...

I cannot see why the 'All off timer' event is being called multiple times. In other tests it's being run as many as 5 times (all within 1 second). Despite only pressing the switch once.
                  Attached Files

Comment

For completeness, here's the All off timer event expanded.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Stevemeck View Post
                      For completeness, here's the All off timer event expanded.
                      It looks like Upstairs Bedroom Bedroom Main is sending HS multiple commands. Normally you would set a Cannot Re-Run on that event to stop the repeat triggers, but that would prevent your multiple press plans from working. What kind of device is it and how is it being set? Does that device log commands in the HS log?

Comment

Its a Fibaro Dimmer 2 module (FGD-212).

It is configured with a 2 way momentary switch and is being set by pressing the switch to the off position which temporarily closes the S2 circuit on module.

I agree there's something not right with the way it's being called multiple times. It is otherwise working perfectly.

Comment

You could slow things down a bit and add Cannot Re-Run for 1s to your All off timer event. Then change the timer trigger on the other two events so that you press the button twice a second apart. That would work, but might make it difficult to execute.

Comment

OK, tried that and it works. Actually I set it to cannot re-run for 1 second and it was still an issue (the multiple triggers obviously span more than1 second).

I then tried cannot re-run for 2 seconds (and slowed the other events down respectively) and it works as expected.

It's less than ideal in terms of WAF. I'm picturing the conversation now...

"You can double press On to turn the main light up full and if you double press off it turns everything off, however you have to wait at least 2 seconds between pre....." [slap]

How do I stop the FGD-212 sending multiple triggers?
                            Last edited by Stevemeck; January 18, 2018, 02:11 AM.

Comment

It's a bummer that we no longer have Jim's (RIP Jim.) DooMotion any more.. I know we have Blade's BLRadar..

Comment

Not sure DooMotion would help in this situation?

Randy, do you have any of wisdom around stopping the rapid recurring triggers from Fibaro unit?

Comment

Working...
                                X