Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conditions - The Date or Day Is...

Now we have a group of conditions based upon the Date or Day

The popup for date selection is very flexible. It allows you to choose a specific day of the month, month of the year, year or any combination of the three. At the bottom of the date selection popup are three boxes: “Any Month”, “Any Day” and “Any Year”. You MUST select the wildcards of Any Day, Any Month or Any Year before selecting the date. Each time you check one of the wildcard boxes, except for Any Day, the calendar header will change to show the options. For obvious reasons you cannot select all three wildcards, if you do you will get a popup warning. When you click on a date it will populate the Selected Dates column based upon the wildcard selections. If you click on January 15 and the boxes for Any Year and Any Day are selected the date will be entered as 1/D/Y. Similarly if you only have Any Year selected and click on January 15 the date will be entered as 1/15/Y.

Here is an example of 5 different selections
    • January 15, Any Year
    • The 15th of Any Month, Any Year
    • January, Any Day, Any Year
    • Any Day, Any Month, 2015
    • Any Day, January, 2015
    • January, 15, 2015

Selecting any of the dates in the “Selected Dates:” box, then clicking on Remove Dates(s) below, will delete that date from the choices. Also, as you can see in the screenshot below, the selected dates are cumulative. Each date is or’d with the next so that if any one of them is true, the condition is met.

A date begins at 12:00:01 AM and ends at 11:59:59 PM. The condition "The date is before" is true until 12:00:00 AM on that date, similarly "The Date is After" is true after midnight on that date. There is a tremendous amount of flexibility in these conditions, but first we should cover one nuance similar to time events. HomeSeer assumes the year begins and ends at midnight on December 31, when you are choosing "Any Year" and when you choose “The date is before” you need to understand that the year begins at 12:00AM on January 1 making the statement “The date is before March 1” really means the date is after December 31 but before March 1. Similarly “The date is after October 31” assumes it is before January 1. The Y placeholder always assumes the current year, never next year or last year.

The only way to have a time condition based upon "Any Year" that spans the December 31 dividing line is to use two separate trigger/conditions. To have the condition cover the time span from October 31 until March 1 is to use a more complex event construction tool, the “OR IF”. That is a topic we will cover later in building events, but it is in its simplest form:

IF Trigger
    AND IF The date is after 10/31/Y

OR IF Trigger
    AND IF The date is before 3/1/Y

If you choose specific years as in the following example, HomeSeer knows to ignore the end of the year.

IF Trigger
    AND IF The date is after 10/31/14
    AND IF The date is before 3/1/15

Last edited by randy; November 19, 2019, 05:49 PM.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

I know it is an old post. If I want to select the last day of each month, what would I select for Day?

Comment

I have not used this feature, but this is how I'd approach it.

You will need a trigger that will depend on what you want to do. For example, time of day.
      Then you can select a day of month based on the number of days left in the month.
      If the time is 1:00:00 AM (There are some reports of odd behavior at midnight, so I'd avoid that time choice.)
      And If the number of days left in the month is 0.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thank you, so if I'm correct, this will trigger tonight at 11:53 right?
        Attached Files

Comment

I would expect it to trigger at 11:53 PM on the last day of each month. You should know more by tomorrow morning.
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

As an FYI, It looks like that it did not trigger last night.

Comment

Might be time to seek help from HST. (support@homeseer.com)

FWIW, I just did a quick test using 30 days remaining and my event ran as expected.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-08-17 19_01_34-Home automation Heubergau - AnyDesk.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	1630603

I have a question about this event ( I have 3 more for the other seasons).
                Is it correct that:

21 december : it wil not trigger
                22 december : it will trigger

It will trigger than every day untill the next year....

19 march : it will trigger
                20 march : it will not trigger.

Thanks,
                Cornelis

Comment

Originally posted by Corvl1 View Post

Name:	2023-08-17 19_01_34-Home automation Heubergau - AnyDesk.jpg
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	1630603

I have a question about this event ( I have 3 more for the other seasons).
                  Is it correct that:

21 december : it wil not trigger
                  22 december : it will trigger

It will trigger than every day untill the next year....

19 march : it will trigger
                  20 march : it will not trigger.

Thanks,
                  Cornelis
                  It will not work properly, you want to change the AND IF between the date checks to an OR IF. The reason is that Homeseer date checks do not cross the year end at December 31.

The date is after 21/12/Y

OR IF

The date is before 20/03/Y

Comment

Ohh .... Yeah , I see...... thanks

This should than be correct:

Name:	2023-08-17 22_21_22-Home automation Heubergau - AnyDesk.jpg
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	1630607

Comment

Yep, looks good. I forgot that HS4 doesn't yet support OR IF in the trigger section, which ends up having to duplication condition items

The other alternative is just test for 1 minute after midnight in the When trigger, then move the date logic down to the THEN section with conditional actions. Basically accomplished the same thing, just a matter of personal preference.

Comment

Working...
                      X