• Show
Clear All

fx12002 , I think you are asking for a new option:
    AND timer is greater than or equal to 30 minutes
    If so, then you can can obtain the same effect with the existing option:
    AND timer is greater than 29 minutes 59 seconds

Comment

Thank you for the replies!

Wouldn't changing the event to use greater than 29 minutes and 59 seconds still have the same problem? Meaning if the timer is not greater than that, it still wouldn't run?

Some additional context: I have two events, one that I want to run if the timer is 30 minutes or less and one that I want to run if the timer is 30 minutes or more. I realize it is pretty unlikely that the circumstances would be that all conditions are met while the timer is exactly 30 minutes but if that did happen, wouldn't it prevent the event from running?

Coming from other platforms, I know that is greater than or equal to is an option. Perhaps there is a way to use Easytrigger and the timer with a string being true? Not sure if you can reference a timer the same was as a device (eg $$DVR:XX).

Thanks!

Comment

fx12002 , re. your first question: Correct -- if the timer is at 29 min 59 sec, you don't want the event to run. That's your original premise, another way of specifying the run condition: AND timer greater than or equal to 30 minutes.

Re. your second question:
        In Event A, use condition ... AND timer's value is greater than 29m 59s
        In Event B, use condition ... AND timer's value is less than 30m 0s

Given proper trigger and other conditions, if timer's value is more than 30m, then Event A will run. If timer's value is less than 30m, then Event B will run. And if the trigger and other conditions are satisfied when timer's value is exactly 30m, then both Event A and Event B will run. Isn't that what you wanted?

Comment

Hi,

Thank you again for the reply. I get what you are saying, that makes sense and I think in 99.99999% of circumstances would work. Just to answer your last question, if the time was exactly 30 minutes, I would still only want one event to run. So, I still think an equal to or greater would be helpful because I could:

Event A, ... AND timer's value is greater than 29m 59s
          Event B, ... AND timer's value is less than or equal to 29m 59s

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by fx12002 View Post
            Thank you for the replies!

Wouldn't changing the event to use greater than 29 minutes and 59 seconds still have the same problem? Meaning if the timer is not greater than that, it still wouldn't run?

Some additional context: I have two events, one that I want to run if the timer is 30 minutes or less and one that I want to run if the timer is 30 minutes or more. I realize it is pretty unlikely that the circumstances would be that all conditions are met while the timer is exactly 30 minutes but if that did happen, wouldn't it prevent the event from running?

Coming from other platforms, I know that is greater than or equal to is an option. Perhaps there is a way to use Easytrigger and the timer with a string being true? Not sure if you can reference a timer the same was as a device (eg $$DVR:XX).

Thanks!

It is important to note that a timer is at EXACTLY 30 minutes for a millisecond. HS timers and time of day have an internal resolution of milliseconds. A timer is equal to 30 minutes only at 30 minutes, 0 seconds and 0 milliseconds. It becomes greater than 30 minutes at 30 minutes 0 seconds and 1 millisecond. If it is at 29 minutes, 59 seconds and 999 milliseconds, it is less than 30 minutes.

As a result of this if you had an event that runs when a timer is less than 30 minutes and another when a timer is greater than 30 minutes, there is only one millisecond if time when both will not run. If you have a situation when even 1 second matters, I would be interested in seeing it.
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by fx12002 View Post
              Hi,

Thank you again for the reply. I get what you are saying, that makes sense and I think in 99.99999% of circumstances would work. Just to answer your last question, if the time was exactly 30 minutes, I would still only want one event to run. So, I still think an equal to or greater would be helpful because I could:

Event A, ... AND timer's value is greater than 29m 59s
              Event B, ... AND timer's value is less than or equal to 29m 59s

Thanks!

As I wrote above, I would like to see a use case where even a second if both Events don’t run would cause a problem. Could you elaborate on the situation and post screenshots of your Events?
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
              X