Triggers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triggers

Triggers are the items which let an Event start. Triggers are to be considered a moment in time - they are only true for an instant, usually at the point where the value of a Device or the time of day changes. They are never going to be True except at the moment they are changed or set. There is only one ambiguous Trigger: "This Device Has Been for At Least..." It can be true once a Second once the preset time period has elapsed. Even it is not continuously True, it is only true at the top of each second. It is essentially a 1 second recurring Trigger with the Device Value Condition included.

Because a Trigger is only True for a moment, they are ALWAYS ignored when an Event is run manually, either from another Event, the Event Management Run icon, voice command, JSON or HSTouch.

Conditions are items which further constrain or filter the event. The Trigger and following Conditions are just True/False or Boolean logic. If the Trigger and all of the conditions are true, then the Event will run the Action(s) Here is a screenshot of the triggers available in the Core HomeSeer installation

Each trigger will be covered in a separate thread to provide a better understanding of how HomeSeer will trigger as well as risks of repetitive triggering that can caused by certain more ambiguous triggers.
    Last edited by randy; December 27, 2018, 08:43 PM.
    HS4 Pro, Windows 10 pro

Great write-up as always.

I'll give an example of what *not* to do. I had this great idea to send a text to my phone if the front door was unlocked for more than an hour. First time it triggered . . . well, I got texts every second until I disabled the event!

I changed this to send a text if the front door was unlocked for exactly an hour, and all is good.

Comment

Working...
    X