Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actions - Control a Timer

Control a Timer

When you choose Control a Timer for an action, you are presented with a second line where you can Create/Edit Timers, pick a timer that you have already created and select the action for the timer

If you choose Create/Edit Timers you will be presented with a popup where you can create a new timer -OR- select among timers you have already created.

If you enter a new name in the dialogue it will check that it doesn't already exist and then create a new one.

When you click "Save" on the dialogue, your new timer is created and will be selected as the timer of choice.

If you click on Create/Edit Timers with a timer selected, the popup dialogue will offer you the additional option to rename it.

There are only four actions available for controlling a timer. A timer always counts UP or measures elapsed time.

• Set timer - allows you to set the timer to the value of your choice. It is the only action that presents you with the additional dialogue below to enter the value you wish to set it to. If you want to reset the timer without starting set it to 0d, 0h, 0m, 0s.
    • Restart Timer - Sets the timer's value to 0 and starts it running NOTE: when collapsed this action will change to "Start Timer <timer name>"
    • Stop Timer - will stop the timer, but retain its current value
    • Resume Timer - will start the timer running from whatever its current value is, it will not affect a running timer

Timers can be useful in many different events, since a timer's value can be used as a Trigger or a Condition. You can maipulate the timer from Actions in one event and use it to trigger Actions in another.
    Last edited by randy; February 28, 2018, 02:37 PM.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Is it possible that homeseer will generate new timer name?
    For example, I am trying to monitor when one of my devices is going offline.
    I created counter, which is triggered by device change status. So, when it is happening first time, counter changes to 1, second time to 2 etc.
    At the same time I want to start timer, but want to get info for how long every time device was offline. It will be great if homeseer can generate timer name based on counter value. Let say, first time it create "new timer 1", second time, "new timer 2"

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Vladimirkousa View Post
      Is it possible that homeseer will generate new timer name?
      I don't think so.
      For example, I am trying to monitor when one of my devices is going offline.
      I created counter, which is triggered by device change status. So, when it is happening first time, counter changes to 1, second time to 2 etc.
      At the same time I want to start timer, but want to get info for how long every time device was offline.
      Are you doing this for diagnostics purposes or something else? The HS log and the device last change field will provide some information about when changes occur.

If you want more extensive information, you could use a script to write time information to a file whenever a device changes.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thanks for reply.
        Yes, I am doing it for diagnostic...trying to debug Neato D7 robot.
        Log review will require a lot of manual calculations....
        I was hoping to avoid writing script

Regards

Comment

Shouldn't there be a condition: "if timer is running" ?

Comment

Working...
          X