Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The Day Is" trigger not working?

I've recently upgrade to HS3 from HS2.
    After re-building my events in HS3, I've isolated that "The Day Is" is not functioning as expected.
    - Setting "The Day is..." to "Sat" & "Sun" automatically combines the 2 checkboxes into a single "Weekend" checkbox
    - however, invoking the event on Saturday or Sunday via another with "Run only if other event conditions are true" always returns "action execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met"
    - as a final test I set "The Day is..." to "All Days" and still the log always reports that "...the conditions applied were not met"
    - What is the proper scripting usage to get an event to only fire on certain days of the week?

Originally posted by fwalton View Post
    I've recently upgrade to HS3 from HS2.
    After re-building my events in HS3, I've isolated that "The Day Is" is not functioning as expected.
    - Setting "The Day is..." to "Sat" & "Sun" automatically combines the 2 checkboxes into a single "Weekend" checkbox
    - however, invoking the event on Saturday or Sunday via another with "Run only if other event conditions are true" always returns "action execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met"
    - as a final test I set "The Day is..." to "All Days" and still the log always reports that "...the conditions applied were not met"
    - What is the proper scripting usage to get an event to only fire on certain days of the week?
    I use it in quite a number of events and it works as expected. Could you post a screenshot of the event where "...the conditions applied were not met" as well as the event that is calling it?
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Just to make sure, I created the two events in the first screenshot, only to run on Weekend days then let them run a few times. Then at around 4:13 I changed the called event to only run on weekdays. They seem to behave exactly as they should. Here are the log entries.

Mar-15 4:16:46 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo recurring event"
      Mar-15 4:16:46 PM Event 'Run Event' action execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met: HomeSeer Demo daily event
      Mar-15 4:15:46 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo recurring event"
      Mar-15 4:15:46 PM Event 'Run Event' action execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met: HomeSeer Demo daily event
      Mar-15 4:14:46 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo recurring event"
      Mar-15 4:14:46 PM Event 'Run Event' action execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met: HomeSeer Demo daily event
      Mar-15 4:13:46 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo recurring event"
      Mar-15 4:13:46 PM Event 'Run Event' action execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met: HomeSeer Demo daily event
      Mar-15 4:12:46 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo recurring event"
      Mar-15 4:12:46 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo daily event"
      Mar-15 4:11:46 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo recurring event"
      Mar-15 4:11:46 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo daily event"
      Mar-15 4:10:46 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo recurring event"
      Mar-15 4:10:46 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo daily event"
      Mar-15 4:09:46 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo recurring event"
      Mar-15 4:09:46 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo daily event"
      Attached Files

Comment

Have attached image of my setup.

- Realized that I got into the scenario by copying an event, then deleting the primary condition "If This event Is Manually triggered".
        - The "What Days?" event, left with only the Day condition, does not execute correctly.
        - Once the "If This event Is Manually triggered" trigger was added, or an explicit time, then the event works as expected.
        - Hope this helps other users avoid the same issue.

Thx for the quick and thorough response.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by fwalton View Post
          Have attached image of my setup.

- Realized that I got into the scenario by copying an event, then deleting the primary condition "If This event Is Manually triggered".
          - The "What Days?" event, left with only the Day condition, does not execute correctly.
          - Once the "If This event Is Manually triggered" trigger was added, or an explicit time, then the event works as expected.
          - Hope this helps other users avoid the same issue.

Thx for the quick and thorough response.
          That is a bug. What you call the "primary condition" is actually the trigger. You should never be allowed to delete a trigger, only change it to something else. If there was an OR IF (a secondary trigger) it should allow deletion of a secondary trigger, but an event will not work without a trigger. Conditions are different than triggers, that is why there is no trigger for "The Day is...". Some conditions are the same as triggers such as "The time is...", but generally the two categories contain completely different items and behave differently. I'll file a Bugzilla.

Comment

Bugzilla 2666 registered.

Comment

Working...
            X