Events conditional on whether nobody is home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Events conditional on whether nobody is home

I have different events I would like to run whether we are home or are away traveling and the house is empty. I had this set up in H2 with a virtual device I would put "on" if we were away or "off" if we are home and then the events were conditioned on the status of the virtual device.

Ultimately I wanted this virtual device to be set when ever I punched the "away" code on the home alarm system (through the Vista plugin and ad2usb) but I struggled to get this to work well in HS2

How should I approach this in HS3?

Originally posted by Ricky View Post
    I have different events I would like to run whether we are home or are away traveling and the house is empty. I had this set up in H2 with a virtual device I would put "on" if we were away or "off" if we are home and then the events were conditioned on the status of the virtual device.

Ultimately I wanted this virtual device to be set when ever I punched the "away" code on the home alarm system (through the Vista plugin and ad2usb) but I struggled to get this to work well in HS2

How should I approach this in HS3?
    I use the same method in HS3. I have a virtual device named "Occupancy", I renamed the Value text to Occupied and Vacant. We don't have a security panel , so we use logic based upon motion detectors and PHLocation to determine whether the house is occupied or not. You could call it Occupied and leave it at on and off. Then all you need to do is create events that change the value of the device based upon the arming of your device. Then use as a trigger or a condition in your events. I am not familiar with the Vista but if the ad2usb will provide HS3 with an "armed" action, then you would use that to control the virtual device.

Do you arm the panel through an action in HS through the ad2usb device, or a separate panel? If it is a separate panel, does the ad2usb provide you with the armed status of the panel?
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Just make use of the 'Alarm System Status' and monitor its status changes:

HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Working...
      X