Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
    Will this work for x10 motion sensor?
    They'll show up, but if i'm not mistaken they're just made up numbers by rfxcom plugin (the battery % is set to countdown to 0 within a year or something like that).

A better way to detect OS temp sensor's battery is probably by checking whether they still constantly send updates or not to rfxcom.
    HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Is there any way to add MySensors battery devices to the report? Never mind, I figured it out...

Code:
      nStr(UCase(dv.Device_Type_String(Nothing)), "BATTERY") > 1 Or InStr(UCase(dv.Device_Type_String(Nothing)), "ARDUINO_NODE") > 1 Then
      Last edited by ServiceXp; July 30, 2015, 06:33 PM.
      RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Script error

I am also getting Error Expected end of statement in line 1 char 14

I modified the first 4 lines..... did I miss something?

=======================================================

Dim filename As String = "C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\BatteryReport.txt"
        Dim mailTo As String = "Dxxx@Go.com"
        Dim mailFrom As String = "Dxxx@Go.com"
        Dim ReportAsAttachment As Boolean = False

=====================================================

PS Thanks for your assistance
        Attached Files
        Last edited by devoir; August 3, 2015, 09:00 PM. Reason: accuracy

Comment

I think you need quotes around false but I could be wrong.

Comment

I'm not any kind of code guy, but just looking into this...
            I've sometimes mistyped or added a space which messed up the script.
            Introduction to Code 800A0401

Error code, 800A0401 occurs when you execute a VBScript. This is a compilation error, therefore check your punctuation. A wild guess, you have left out an ampersand (&), or possibly a comma.

The Cause of Code 800A0401 VBScript Error

Your VBScript contains a punctuation error. Note: The clue from Source: Microsoft VBScript compilation error, this means a syntax error in your script. In this case the Char: number (33) is particularly valuable in troubleshooting.
            Tom
            baby steps...starting again with HS3
            HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
            HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
            Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
            In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
            System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Thanks Waynehead99

Waynehead99 I did make that change...... however got same ERROR result..

Dim ReportAsAttachment As Boolean = "False"

researching the proper format I believe " " are not required... however it is still not working many thanks
              Last edited by devoir; August 3, 2015, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Try changing the extension from .vbs to .vb

(Boolean does not need quotes)
                Mike

Comment

VB or VBS

Mwaite,

I did try to change file extension to .VB

Wscript.exe will not recognize the extension .vb

I tried to change the file properties and pick the app to open the *.vb . I get an error "Cannot associate file type with this program...... on all of my computers if they are .vbs extension the Wscript program will properly execute them...
                  Last edited by devoir; August 4, 2015, 06:56 PM. Reason: accuracy

Comment

It's VB dotnet. You should be able to d/l install from Microsoft.
                    Mike

Comment

Mwaite thanks

Thanks for your help..... I just didn't realize there was a fundamental difference with .vbs and .vb

I also discovered Homeseer had a tutorial running scripts

http://homeseer.com/support/homeseer...ing_create.htm

based on this tutorial run as an event I was able to generate a battery.txt text file with my battery driven devices in it....
                      =====================================================
                      I now need to trouble shoot an error in the log file

"Exception sending email via Dxxx@go.com =No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.....

Comment

I'm certainly no expert on email authentication, but it could be a firewall issue or the server denying relaying. Lots of tests you can try if you google "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it".
                        Mike

Comment

8-) Great Script.

Thanks

Phill

Comment

Wow nice script !!
                            Last edited by Malosa; August 24, 2015, 06:13 AM.
                            Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
                            Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Works great. That gave me an idea about how to fix another script that I wrote that was matching only Z-Wave Battery device type. I'll update it to check for BATTERY anywhere in the device type so that it works across all devices.

Comment

Is there a way to add the pushover option within Mwaite's great script so one could choose pushover instead of email or both.
                                I know I could use the pushover email gateway but that ends up showing under the email gateway, rather then under the other house/hs sever notification I get on my phone. I would be great to have it all under one.

I don't know how to script so would appreciate any help here.

I noticed this is Al's Lock script(which I use), offered the email and pushover options.
                                http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...47&postcount=1
                                Tom
                                baby steps...starting again with HS3
                                HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
                                HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
                                Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
                                In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
                                System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Working...
                                X