motion control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

motion control

Randy, before I shoot myself, again.. I have built this event to monitor front driveway motion... what did i screw up ?
    Attached Files
    Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
    Randy, before I shoot myself, again.. I have built this event to monitor front driveway motion... what did i screw up ?
    You are creating three delayed actions turning 3 different lights on after a 1 minute delay. Then you are immediately removing all three delayed actions. The net result is that nothing will happen other than sending the email.

What are you trying to do?
    Last edited by randy; May 14, 2015, 05:01 PM.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

and that is exactly what it does
      I am still trying to upon motion, only at night, turn on 3 lights, wait 5, turn off the lights ( email is for trouble shooting )

Comment

Remove the delay, add a Wait command for 5mins after the On commands, then follow with Off commands.
        cheeryfool

Comment

I am still trying to upon motion, only at night, turn on 3 lights, wait 5, turn off the lights ( email is for trouble shooting )
          OK. Then where you have your block of set devices to ON remove the 1 minute delay. That way they will turn on immediately. Then you want to create the same block of devices turning them OFF, add a 5 minute delay to that block.

The remove delayed device actions are used if you want your 5 minute OFF clock to be reset every time motion is detected again. If you want that to happen leave those actions in the event and make sure your block of OFF actions with the 5 minute delay is the last thing in the event - AFTER the remove delayed device action statements. If you just want a one shot event you don't need those actions.

Comment

nope, need the reset.. Thanks Again, and again, and .....

Comment

You can use a Wait action. It is a matter of personal preference. I prefer to avoid leaving an event sitting in limbo so I lean toward delayed device actions. It is also cleaner to cancel a delayed device action if you want to reset the timer on the delay. With a Wait you can cancel a running event, but it cannot be done within the confines of re-triggering the same event.

Comment

now we will see if it works !
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                  You can use a Wait action. It is a matter of personal preference. I prefer to avoid leaving an event sitting in limbo so I lean toward delayed device actions. It is also cleaner to cancel a delayed device action if you want to reset the timer on the delay. With a Wait you can cancel a running event, but it cannot be done within the confines of re-triggering the same event.

True enough. I mostly use wait, but have some delayed actions. I just thought of one event that doesn't always do what I want and I think that is using Wait. Will go see if Delay with clearing delayed actions solves that.
                  cheeryfool

Comment

nope, need the reset.. Thanks Again, and again, and .....
                    I'm responding on an iPhone forgive typos.

Just to be clear it would be in this order:

IF Motion
                    THEN set device 1 to ON
                    set device 2 to ON
                    set device 3 to ON

THEN remove delayed device action for device 1
                    remove delayed device action for device 2
                    remove delayed device action for device 3

THEN set device 1 to OFF
                    set device 2 to OFF
                    set device 3 to OFF
                    after a delay of 5m, 0s

Comment

I wish I could say I have only spent hours trying to get my first one to work.. but it would be a lie... I have given up many times and stayed with just the wait and dealt with it..

If this is right I am going out for dinner tonite !!
                      Attached Files

Comment

I wish I could say I have only spent hours trying to get my first one to work.. but it would be a lie... I have given up many times and stayed with just the wait and dealt with it..

If this is right I am going out for dinner tonite !!
                        It looks exactly right. Go out for dinner.

I have some thoughts on motion control that may prove useful in deciding your event methodology. I am going to add to this forum later today.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post

I have some thoughts on motion control that may prove useful in deciding your event methodology. I am going to add to this forum later today.
                          looking forward to them ..

Comment

looking forward to them ..
                            That post is here.

Comment

Working...
                            X