Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Randomize light trigger on specific day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Randomize light trigger on specific day?

This is what i want to do

i want to trigger a specific lamp on and off on specific random days 's and rantom time (between 10.00 till 19.00) that it goes off for 1 hour and goes on after that , and that random during days , but not every day.

is this possible ?

let me know
    Last edited by Malosa; May 16, 2015, 08:31 AM. Reason: Forgotten something to add
    Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
    Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Originally posted by Malosa View Post

i want to trigger a specific lamp on and off on specific random days 's and rantom time (between 10.00 till 19.00) that it goes off for 1 hour and goes on after that , and that random during days , but not every day.

is this possible ?

let me know
    It is not possible with any standard triggers. BLOccupied by Blade will randomize time, and Spud's EasyTrigger plug-in has that in as a request, but neither will randomize days. The only way you can currently do what you want would be with a script.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

thx i will try spuds one for a test ,

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      It is not possible with any standard triggers. BLOccupied by Blade will randomize time, and Spud's EasyTrigger plug-in has that in as a request, but neither will randomize days. The only way you can currently do what you want would be with a script.
      Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
      Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Randy, I have puzzled over this too. Do you think the below can work?
        My presumptions are:
        1)Set virtual device for days and times I want to randomize - used above as an example.
        2)Needed a trigger - so set event to activate another event when virtual device changes to randomize
        3)Checked security to randomize triggers - not sure if that works as I haven't tested this yet
        4)Created a couple random ON/OFF events to start me off.
        5)Looped the event - will I get into trouble here if it only runs when event of device of randomize is TRUE?
        6)My hope is that after 19:00 and device goes off, my loop will stop - although it could still run for a couple more hours unless I put in a Delayed device cancellation for loft lamp when Randomize device turns off?
        Attached Files

Comment

thx i will try spuds one for a test ,
          Spud's doesn't have a random time trigger, it is in as a request.

Comment

Originally posted by 519zwave View Post
            Randy, I have puzzled over this too. Do you think the below can work?
            My presumptions are:
            1)Set virtual device for days and times I want to randomize - used above as an example.
            2)Needed a trigger - so set event to activate another event when virtual device changes to randomize
            3)Checked security to randomize triggers - not sure if that works as I haven't tested this yet
            4)Created a couple random ON/OFF events to start me off.
            5)Looped the event - will I get into trouble here if it only runs when event of device of randomize is TRUE?
            6)My hope is that after 19:00 and device goes off, my loop will stop - although it could still run for a couple more hours unless I put in a Delayed device cancellation for loft lamp when Randomize device turns off?
            From the help file "When security mode is enabled, the event trigger time is randomly set to plus or minus 30 minutes from the actual set time. This can give your home a lived-in look because lights and other devices won't be turned on at the same time day after day."

Assuming "Virtual Virtual Random" is just a binary virtual device... Your first event turns it on (Randomize) at 10:00 AM and turns it off (Home) at 7:00 PM on Sunday, Wednesday and Friday. There is nothing random there but it is a time trigger. You could select Security on that event and the time trigger would randomize between 9:30 AM and 10:30 AM.

Your second event is redundant because the trigger IF Virtual Virtual Random changes and becomes Randomize could be the trigger in the third event.

In your third event you turn a lamp on and off twice at specific intervals over a period of just over two hours, then call an event that you haven't shown that apparently has conditions in it. Maybe "1 loft lamp" it is another set of light actions, that would then call this one again. I don't know. In this event you have Security selected, but the event has no time triggers, so there will be nothing to randomize. Security will not randomize the Wait times.

You could set up a series of events that trigger at specific times, say 10:00 AM, 11:30 AM, 1:00 PM 2:30 PM, 4:00 PM, 5:30 PM and 7:00 PM. Enable security on each of them and us your Random virtual switch as a condition in all of them. You could also set your three days of the week as a condition. Then each of them would randomly trigger +- 30 minutes from their specified trigger time. Each event could control a lamp like this:

IF the time is 10:00 AM
            AND IF Virtual Virtual Random has a value equal to Randomize
            AND IF The Day is Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday
            Then Set Device Loft Lights Left Lamp to ON
            Then Set Loft Lights Left Lamp to Off
            after a delay of 18m, 17s

You could set a different off delay in each event. That would give you random times. You could set events for several different lamps, each with different start times. You could also set up another set of events with different times to run on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. All that would certainly give the appearance of randomness.

They would all be random +- 30 minutes. You would have to remember to select Security Offset Enable in the Setup menu. You can also change the offset value in the setup menu to more or less than 30 minutes.

Comment

Thanks Randy. I have made an error in my lighting event. After the light turns on off a couple times I meant to loop and call for the same event again. (I placed the wrong event in the pic)
              That's why I kept the if virtual random was on. And hoped the loop would stop after virtual random went off?
              If I loop it, would it work?

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                Spud's doesn't have a random time trigger, it is in as a request.
                working on it right now, stay tuned

Comment

Originally posted by 519zwave View Post
                  Thanks Randy. I have made an error in my lighting event. After the light turns on off a couple times I meant to loop and call for the same event again. (I placed the wrong event in the pic)
                  That's why I kept the if virtual random was on. And hoped the loop would stop after virtual random went off?
                  If I loop it, would it work?
                  If you call the same event at the end it should run again and keep looping until the Virtual Virtual Random is switched to Home. The event will run to completion if it is called when the switch is set to Randomize. If you are trying to loop the same event, you will need to keep all three events. Doing some quick math, since your event is 127 minutes 40 seconds long, it will run 5 times within your 9 hour time frame. 4 runs of the loop would take 512 minutes and 40 seconds, 9 hours = 540 minutes, so at around 6:32 PM the 5th loop would start. About 30 minutes into that loop the virtual device will be set to Home so the loop would run to completion at about about 8:40 PM and not run again.

Just enable Security Offset in setup, set the offset time, then enable Security in the first event (the one with the time trigger) and you will have a single light that appears to randomly go on and off three days of the week. Even with a random start time, it would still run for 9 hours.

Comment

You may be able to use Wade's script for some of what you want.
                    Away Random Lights
                    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...ghlight=random

is this possible ?

let me know
                    Tom
                    baby steps...starting again with HS3
                    HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
                    HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
                    Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
                    In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
                    System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Working...
                    X