Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Safe Mode (start HS without running events)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Safe Mode (start HS without running events)

So... I created an event which automatically runs based upon a recurring trigger. The problem is that counter in the trigger is set to 0:01 (by accident).

To make matters worse... this event restarts my computer!! So, effectively, the moment I start HS, my computer restarts because this event gets triggered. :-\

How can I delete this event on the back end or run HS in 'safe mode' to fix the counter?

Originally posted by ramshaklez View Post
    So... I created an event which automatically runs based upon a recurring trigger. The problem is that counter in the trigger is set to 0:01 (by accident).

To make matters worse... this event restarts my computer!! So, effectively, the moment I start HS, my computer restarts because this event gets triggered. :-\

How can I delete this event on the back end or run HS in 'safe mode' to fix the counter?
    Can you restore your .hsd database from a backup from just before you made the change? The backups will have an underscore and a number 1-10 appended to the filename. Pull a backup of your data folder, delete your HomeSeerData.hsd (or whatever name you used, then rename one of the backups removing the appended underscore and number. Look at the datestamps for the files, because the numbering is not necessarily chronological.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

That worked. Thanks.

That said, it only worked because this was the ONLY change I had made. Had I made a bunch of changes, I wouldn't have wanted to lose them all. There should be some way to run HomeSeer in a 'Safe Mode' which won't trigger automatic events (or start any plugins) in case someone needs to open it to fix something without all the events/plugins getting in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by ramshaklez View Post
        That worked. Thanks.

That said, it only worked because this was the ONLY change I had made. Had I made a bunch of changes, I wouldn't have wanted to lose them all. There should be some way to run HomeSeer in a 'Safe Mode' which won't trigger automatic events (or start any plugins) in case someone needs to open it to fix something without all the events/plugins getting in the way.
        Put in a feature request at http://bugzilla.homeseer.com/bugzilla
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
        X