Trigger Event weekly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trigger Event weekly

I want to trigger an event every Sunday at 10PM. I'm not seeing any straight forward way to do this. This is for a system restart. I want my HS system to auto restart every weekend.

I know I can use a timer and trigger the event when the timer reaches 7 days and then reset the timer. But, if I have something like a power failure and the timer restarts at 0 when my computer restarts, I'll be off and I can't have the system restarting in the middle of the day accidentally because the timer is off.

Any thoughts on how to do this so I can specific a specific day & time for something to trigger?

Edit: After looking through the forum I see that there is supposed to be a "The day is..." trigger option. But, in order to get that to show up, you have to set the first trigger to "Manually trigger" and then add and "AND IF". But, I don't want this to have a first condition of manually trigger. :-\
    Last edited by ramshaklez; May 20, 2015, 04:09 PM.

Originally posted by ramshaklez View Post
    I want to trigger an event every Sunday at 10PM. I'm not seeing any straight forward way to do this. This is for a system restart. I want my HS system to auto restart every weekend.

I know I can use a timer and trigger the event when the timer reaches 7 days and then reset the timer. But, if I have something like a power failure and the timer restarts at 0 when my computer restarts, I'll be off and I can't have the system restarting in the middle of the day accidentally because the timer is off.

Any thoughts on how to do this so I can specific a specific day & time for something to trigger?

Edit: After looking through the forum I see that there is supposed to be a "The day is..." trigger option. But, in order to get that to show up, you have to set the first trigger to "Manually trigger" and then add and "AND IF". But, I don't want this to have a first condition of manually trigger. :-\
    I use Blade's BLShutdown, below is an event. You can use Restart or any other utility you want, but Blade's is good and free.

And by the way, timers and counters retain their values during a shutdown.
    Attached Files
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I got it working... though it seems like a pretty inefficient way of having to do this because of the first condition... still don't understand why that part is needed and why the "day of the week" condition isn't available as a primary condition.

IF "The Event will Trigger every..." 1 second

AND IF "The day of the week is Sunday"

AND IF "The time is 10:00PM"

Comment

Well DUH... I never thought to put the time first.

DOH!

Thanks...

Comment

And I meant to say above, timers keep running when HomeSeer is shut down and counters retain their values. When it is restarted the elapsed time in the timers will be correct from the time they are started.

Comment

You don't need the trigger every 1 second. Make your Tigger if the time is 10:00pm and if the day of the week is Sunday
            Time first then day

Comment

Originally posted by ybanerd View Post
              You don't need the trigger every 1 second. Make your Tigger if the time is 10:00pm and if the day of the week is Sunday
              Time first then day
              See post #2 in this thread.

Comment

Working...
              X