Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't this work? (Simple Outlet Control)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please disregard the post. I was premature. It is late tonight and I forgot that the fix will be coming out in the next beta or full release of the core HS3 program. It is not Z-Wave specific, it will be for all devices. It should be out soon.

I just wasn't thinking clearly.

I probably should have deleted this post, but then it messes up the context of the next post.

There will be a workaround for this in the next update to the core HS3 program. In the device Configuration tab. The very bottom checkbox will be "Do not update last change time if device value does not change". That will stop the date from changing with polling.

The reason for the problem began when the program was updated to to properly report a "set" action when the value isn't changed several months ago. The unintended consequence is that some devices report as if they have been set even when just polled. That is why it will be a user selectable option. If you want a device to report a change when set but not changed then don't select the option.

Last edited by randy; July 6, 2015, 12:47 AM.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Could this be a device specific feature? Mine doesn't look like that (just confirmed latest z-wave plugin version).

I have a bunch of door/window sensors, this one reports the window being open occasionally (I am not sure of the timing, maybe twice a day), even when the status of the window hasn't changed. I was hoping this feature would fix that. Since I installed 12 of these at the same time, and only this device continuously reports it's {same} status, I suspect it's defective?
      Attached Files
      Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mwaite View Post
        Could this be a device specific feature? Mine doesn't look like that (just confirmed latest z-wave plugin version).

I have a bunch of door/window sensors, this one reports the window being open occasionally (I am not sure of the timing, maybe twice a day), even when the status of the window hasn't changed. I was hoping this feature would fix that. Since I installed 12 of these at the same time, and only this device continuously reports it's {same} status, I suspect it's defective?
        Please disregard the post. I was premature. It is late tonight and I forgot that the fix will be coming out in the next beta or full release of the core HS3 program. It is not Z-Wave specific, it will be for all devices. It should be out soon.

Comment

I'm looking forward to the "work around" as I have quite a few devices that update when polled. Very frustrating to say the least.

This is one of those bugs that I can't believe has gone on as long as it has considering that most HA system rely heavily on change state times...

Which is a VERY basic function of any home automation package..
          RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
            I'm looking forward to the "work around" as I have quite a few devices that update when polled. Very frustrating to say the least.

This is one of those bugs that I can't believe has gone on as long as it has considering that most HA system rely heavily on change state times...

Which is a VERY basic function of any home automation package..

This is easily duplicated. I have been chasing the same bug on an event using ZWave devices, event failed so I wrote a test event for an X-10 module. Sure enough same thing.

The module can be turned OFF or ON in the device manager so the state table must be correct when the event is executed.

The Event ignores the "And if module has been On for at least" and "And If module has been Off for at least" tests and passes them.

Edit: just noticed post #31 and look forward to the future fix.
            Last edited by Kitar; July 11, 2015, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitar View Post
              This is easily duplicated. I have been chasing the same bug on an event using ZWave devices, event failed so I wrote a test event for an X-10 module. Sure enough same thing.

The module can be turned OFF or ON in the device manager so the state table must be correct when the event is executed.

The Event ignores the "And if module has been On for at least" and "And If module has been Off for at least" tests and passes them.

Edit: just noticed post #31 and look forward to the future fix.
              Next week when they release the new version that supports the Z-Tool app it should also have the option "Do not update last change time if device value does not change" on the configuration tab.

Comment

3.0.0.194 is out now and has the option to disable updates to Last Date unless the value of the device is changed.

http://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_194.exe

Comment

Working...
                X