Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When a devices has value that is greater than....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When a devices has value that is greater than....

I have a question about the condition "[device] has a value that is greater than...". I have a virtual device called day state. There are four values

0 - Morning
    1 - Day
    2 - Evening
    3 - Night

I want an an event to trigger only when it is evening or night. So my question is if I do the condition: "Day State has a value that is greater than Day", will HS know that means Evening and Night because the numeric status codes are greater than day's status code of 1?

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
    I have a question about the condition "[device] has a value that is greater than...". I have a virtual device called day state. There are four values

0 - Morning
    1 - Day
    2 - Evening
    3 - Night

I want an an event to trigger only when it is evening or night. So my question is if I do the condition: "Day State has a value that is greater than Day", will HS know that means Evening and Night because the numeric status codes are greater than day's status code of 1?
    It should. I have a schedule device hat has five values
    1. Vacation
    2. Non Work
    3. Work-early
    4. Work-mid
    5. Work-late
    I use an event condition of greater than Non-work to control anything that is controlled differently when we are at work. Non work is a "staycation" or holiday and Vacation sets everything for the house to be vacant.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
    X