Time lag for opening list of events in HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time lag for opening list of events in HS3

I'm not sure this is the right place to ask this. However, I notice that while on HS2 it is nearly instantaneous, opening an event category is very, very slow (up to 40 seconds) before the list of events is seen. Is anyone else finding that it is so slow to do this?

Thanks,

Elliott
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Yes, it's horribly slow. As a workaround, I typically create events in a group that only has 1 or 2 other ones and once it's done, I change the group for the event. I typically have a browser tab where I work on events and if I need to expand an event group, I go do something else in another tab and come back to it after a while.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post
      I'm not sure this is the right place to ask this. However, I notice that while on HS2 it is nearly instantaneous, opening an event category is very, very slow (up to 40 seconds) before the list of events is seen. Is anyone else finding that it is so slow to do this?

Thanks,

Elliott
      With my installation, on a very fast machine with 900+ events in a category with 80 events it takes about 13 seconds for Chrome to open the category, either locally on that machine or on another computer on the network. IE puts it at over 50 seconds, Safari at about 18, Firefox at about 18 and Edge (Windows 10 IE) at about 16.

When running HS3 on a 4-core VM all of the browsers load the event page more slowly by about 25% or more.

So it depends on your browser and your server, but in all cases it is slower on HS3 than it was on HS2, but HS3 pages are much more complex and dynamic.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Also consider there could be plugin issues, every time you open an event with a trigger/action that is from a plugin then HS will need to call into that plugin to find out which and how to display the triggers/actions. If you have lots and lots of actions from one plugin then it could delay a bit whilst it runs through that plugin, with HS2 all of this was string based so may have been quicker.

Comment

Thanks everybody. Good to know all this. I don't think plugins are causing the issue, yet, in my case, since I've just started to set up events in HS3 that were imported from HS2.

Elliott
          "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
          "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Working...
          X