• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run Away Events

I'm Baaaack...

I'm having 2 problems:

1) These 2 events will not stop firing,
    2) they even run when disabled. (I disabled the event @ ~8:30a)

The first example: I don't understand why it will not evaluate the virtual device when not equal to Away. I thought I should stop when the device = Away, but it doesn't.

The second example, I'm not really sure how to stop it, as I can't check the status of Motion on IR1 camera.. Any help would be great there..
    Attached Files
    RJ_Make On YouTube

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
    I'm Baaaack...

I'm having 2 problems:

1) These 2 events will not stop firing,
    2) they even run when disabled. (I disabled the event @ ~8:30a)

The first example: I don't understand why it will not evaluate the virtual device when not equal to Away. I thought I should stop when the device = Away, but it doesn't.

The second example, I'm not really sure how to stop it, as I can't check the status of Motion on IR1 camera.. Any help would be great there..
    On your first event, I can't see any way it could run more than once since its action makes the second condition false. I think you should try watching that virtual device and see if its value is changing and/or if the Last Date is updating at the same rate as the event triggers.

On your second event, I don't see any reason it would run away, but since the first event is changing the status of the device that is the first trigger of the second event, every time the first event runs it will trigger the second one. If you disable the first event and the second one stops running away, you have proved it. You can change that by making the first trigger in the second event "This device changes and becomes..." instead of "This device had its value set to...".

You might also try the option "Do not update last change time if device value does not change" on the configuration tab on the House_Status virtual device, in case it is being fooled by "set" (you must be running HS3 3.0.0.194 or later).

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks for the advice!

I've made the suggested changes, will report back..
      RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Working...
      X