No announcement yet.

Event Ignoring Condition of Nighttime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, thanks all. Got it worked out. I was running the events manually to test them, thinking conditions would be evaluated. I am also running events from another event since multiple triggers cause some of the same actions (i.e. driveway floods turning on and off). Found the checkbox to force HS to evaluate conditions when I do that.
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Simple rules to remember
      • If the line begins with "IF" -or- "OR IF" it is a trigger, period
      • If a line begins with "OR IF" it is a fresh trigger within an event and only the conditions directly below it are evaluated. The "IF" is followed by conditions, the "OR IF" can be followed by the same conditions or different ones, but conditions are directly related to the "IF" -or- "OR IF" directly above them. The white space is a clue, giving you clearly grouped conditions following a trigger. No matter how many trigger/condition groups you have in an event, they all share the actions.
      • The "IF" trigger and the "OR IF" additional trigger share all the actions of the event. This thread attempts to explain.
      • If a line begins with "AND IF" it is a condition, period.
      • When an event is called from another event, triggers ("IF", "OR IF") are always ignored, period. They are treated as manual triggers (or considered to be TRUE) when called from another event. This thread attempts to explain.
      • The check box "Run only if other event conditions are true" is literal and correct. The trigger in the called event is always ignored, but the conditions are ignored if the box is not checked and honored if the box is checked.
      • If you run an event from another that has multiple triggers, the triggers are all always ignored, regardless of the box. Each of the triggers should be considered to be true, the conditions following them will be evaluated or not depending on the checkbox in the calling event.
      • If you manually trigger an event from the event management page, triggers are always ignored and conditions are never evaluated.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Nighttime condition

I must be overlooking something, again.

Event triggers regardless of time.

Trigger is motions sensor change; conditions on the trigger are nighttime and device value. Both has to be true to completed the action?

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by lpcalcaterra View Post
          I must be overlooking something, again.

Event triggers regardless of time.

Trigger is motions sensor change; conditions on the trigger are nighttime and device value. Both has to be true to completed the action?

Does the log Indicate that it is Indeed this event which is turning the light on? If so the event might be corrupt. Erase it and build it from scratch AFTER you have completely deleted the original event.
          Originally posted by rprade
          There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Working...
          X