Time conditions - before this / after this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time conditions - before this / after this

I want to create an event condition that is after 11:45PM and before 2:00AM.
    With the 12:00AM hour being the cut over between days - my "after 11:45PM" AND IF "before 2:00AM" can never be true since it's one or the other.

Is there a way of doing this without duplicating the trigger and conditions with the exception of these 2 time conditions, one with after 11:45PM and one with before 2:00AM?

thanks

Originally posted by denisl View Post
    I want to create an event condition that is after 11:45PM and before 2:00AM.
    With the 12:00AM hour being the cut over between days - my "after 11:45PM" AND IF "before 2:00AM" can never be true since it's one or the other.

Is there a way of doing this without duplicating the trigger and conditions with the exception of these 2 time conditions, one with after 11:45PM and one with before 2:00AM?

thanks
    There is no other way to do it within a single event. There are ways to do it with multiple events or with virtual device(s), but usually the most straightforward is to duplicate the trigger, then stack the same conditions under each trigger, with only the time conditions being different.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks Randy i'll duplicate the trigger.

Comment

you can do this without duplicating the trigger using the EasyTrigger plugin

Create a schedule with time ranges from 11:45pm to 2:00am for every day of the week, then use the condition "The time is in this schedule time range"

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=173836

Comment

Yes, you can also do it with the schedule in Spud's plug-in. The plug-in also offers quite a few additional Triggers, Conditions and Actions that are extremely useful.

I use the features in dozens of events.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
          X