Event calling event turning on scene - not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event calling event turning on scene - not working

I have an event that calls another event which turns on button 3 of my cooper scene controller which then kicks off another event. When my scene 3 button is turned on from another event it's not working. However if I manually run the scene it does work.

Notice in the log where the events worked when I manually ran the event I get 2 messages in the log that the scene is activated, However where it is called by another event I only get the one message in the log that the scene is activated. I guess the second message (highlighted in red) is what is actually triggering the event to turn on the kitchen lights when the scene 3 button in turned on. I'm not getting that message when the event is called from another event.

Jan-10 12:05:28 AM Z-Wave Device: First Floor Kitchen Scene Controller Garage Button 3 Set to ON
    Jan-10 12:05:27 AM Device Control Device: First Floor Kitchen Scene Controller Garage Button 3 to Scene On (255)
    Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Here's the log which didn't work:
    Jan-09 11:36:22 PM Z-Wave Device: First Floor Garage Main Lights Set to 255
    Jan-09 11:36:21 PM Device Control Device: First Floor Garage Main Lights to On (255)
    Jan-09 11:36:21 PM Device Control Device: First Floor Kitchen Scene Controller Garage Button 3 to Scene On (255)
    Jan-09 11:36:21 PM Event Event Trigger "Lighting Arrive Home Inside Lights"
    Jan-09 11:36:21 PM Event Event Trigger "Lighting Garage Lights On - Bay 1 Open"
    And here's the log when I manually kick off the event which does work:
    Jan-10 12:05:28 AM Event Running script in background: /home/hs3/HomeSeer/scripts/switchsync.vb("Main","54,53")
    Jan-10 12:05:28 AM Event Event Trigger "Light Switch Sync Kitchen Table Slave"
    Jan-10 12:05:28 AM Device Control Device: First Floor Kitchen Kitchen Table Light Slave to On (99)
    Jan-10 12:05:28 AM Event Event Trigger "Scene Controllers SC KitchenGarage-1 Table Light sync from scene on"
    Jan-10 12:05:28 AM Z-Wave Device: First Floor Kitchen Scene Controller Stairs Button 1 Set to ON
    Jan-10 12:05:28 AM Z-Wave Device: First Floor Kitchen Scene Controller Garage Button 1 Set to ON
    Jan-10 12:05:28 AM Z-Wave Device: First Floor Kitchen Scene Controller Stairs Button 3 Set to Indicator On
    Jan-10 12:05:28 AM Z-Wave Control: HomeSeer issued a Z-Wave Scene Activation command for scene ID 11 which will be multicast and sent to scene nodes from the list: 24,25
    Jan-10 12:05:28 AM Event Running script in background: /home/hs3/HomeSeer/scripts/switchsync.vb("Main","54,53")
    Jan-10 12:05:28 AM Event Event Trigger "Light Switch Sync Kitchen Table Slave"
    Jan-10 12:05:28 AM Device Control Device: First Floor Kitchen Scene Controller Garage Button 1 to Scene On (255)
    Jan-10 12:05:28 AM Event Event Trigger "Scene Controllers SC KitchenGarage-1 Table Light sync from switch on"
    Jan-10 12:05:28 AM Z-Wave Device: First Floor Kitchen Kitchen Table Light Slave Set to 99
    Jan-10 12:05:28 AM Event Running script in background: /home/hs3/HomeSeer/scripts/switchsync.vb("Main","83,82")
    Jan-10 12:05:28 AM Event Event Trigger "Light Switch Sync Kitchen Island Slave"
    Jan-10 12:05:28 AM Z-Wave Device: First Floor Kitchen Island Lights Slave Set to 99
    Jan-10 12:05:28 AM Z-Wave Device: First Floor Kitchen High Hats Over Counter Set to 99
    Jan-10 12:05:28 AM Z-Wave Device: First Floor Kitchen High Hat Sink Set to 99
    Jan-10 12:05:28 AM Device Control Device: First Floor Kitchen Kitchen Table Light Slave to On (99) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Jan-10 12:05:28 AM Event Running script in background: /home/hs3/HomeSeer/scripts/switchsync.vb("Main","53,54")
    Jan-10 12:05:28 AM Event Event Trigger "Light Switch Sync Kitchen Table Master"
    Jan-10 12:05:28 AM Z-Wave Device: First Floor Kitchen Kitchen Table Light Master Set to 99
    Jan-10 12:05:28 AM Device Control Device: First Floor Kitchen Island Lights Slave to On (99) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Jan-10 12:05:28 AM Event Running script in background: /home/hs3/HomeSeer/scripts/switchsync.vb("Main","82,83")
    Jan-10 12:05:28 AM Event Event Trigger "Light Switch Sync Kitchen Island Master"
    Jan-10 12:05:28 AM Z-Wave Device: First Floor Kitchen Island Lights Master Set to 99
    Jan-10 12:05:28 AM Z-Wave Device: First Floor Kitchen High Hats Over Fridge Set to 99
    Jan-10 12:05:28 AM Device Control Device: First Floor Kitchen High Hats Over Counter to On (99)
    Jan-10 12:05:28 AM Device Control Device: First Floor Kitchen High Hat Sink to On (99)
    Jan-10 12:05:28 AM Device Control Device: First Floor Kitchen Kitchen Table Light Master to On (99)
    Jan-10 12:05:28 AM Device Control Device: First Floor Kitchen Island Lights Master to On (99)
    Jan-10 12:05:28 AM Device Control Device: First Floor Kitchen High Hats Over Fridge to On (99)
    Jan-10 12:05:28 AM Event Event Trigger "Lighting Zones Kitchen On"
    Jan-10 12:05:28 AM Event Event Trigger "Scene Controllers SC KitchenGarage-3 Kitchen On-a"
    Jan-10 12:05:28 AM Z-Wave Device: First Floor Kitchen Scene Controller Garage Button 3 Set to ON

Jan-10 12:05:27 AM Device Control Device: First Floor Kitchen Scene Controller Garage Button 3 to Scene On (255)
    Jan-10 12:05:27 AM Event Event Trigger "Lighting Arrive Home Inside Lights"
    Jan-10 12:05:27 AM Event Event Lighting Arrive Home Inside Lights triggered by the event page 'Run' button.
    Below is the event that turns on the scene 3 button (Arrive Home Inside Lights) and the event that is called when the scene 3 button turns on (SC KitchenGarage-3 Kitchen On-a).
    Attached Files

I found the issue - which I'm hoping someone can help explain to me.
    I changed the trigger for "SC KitchenGarage-3 Kitchen On-a" in the screen shot above from "changes and becomes" to "had its value set to".

So when I manually triggered the "Arrive Home Inside Lights" event the "changes and becomes" trigger in "SC KitchenGarage-3 Kitchen On-a" is true.

However when the "Arrive Home Inside Lights" event is triggered by the actual trigger/condition of garage door open/just home on - then the "change and becomes" in "Arrive Home Inside Lights" is FALSE.

What's the difference between the "changes and becomes" and "had its value set or changed" triggers? I found this post but still not 100% clear.

Does the "becomes and changes" basically include an AND IF the device value is not equal to the new value?

So for an "ON/OFF" only device, if I did -

IF device had its value changed to "ON"
    AND IF device value is "OFF"

is that the same as:

IF device changes and becomes "ON"

Thanks

Comment

The difference between changes and set is as follows.

Say a device has a value of A. Something then sets the value of the device to A.

The trigger "has been set to A" will be invoked, because the value has been set to A, even though the value remain unchanged.

The trigger "has been changed to A" will not be invoked, because even though the value was just set to A, the value did not change.

By comparison, say the device had a value of B, and then something sets the value to A. Both triggers will be invoked -- the former because the value was set to A, and the latter because the value changed to A.

Comment

That makes sense and I think there is a compounding issue going on where these copper scene controllers are often in an unexpected state. For example, right now my Scene 1 and Scene 3 status in HS3 are "ON" which is correct but when I look at the switch LED 1 and 5 are on, not 1 and 3.

Maybe "changed and becomes" should work but because these cooper controllers are unpredictable in how their LEDs behave the "value set" option will work regardless of what the controller thinks it's current status is.

Ironically the only time I can get my cooper LEDs to make sense is when running a scene vs as event. I must be doing something wrong.

Comment

I have one of these controllers, and really don't like it. Every so often, I'll tell it to turn on/off a scene from an event, and it'll turn on/off the wrong scene (or turn on the right scene but turn off another scene, too).

Comment

Working...
          X