Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using UltraNetatmo rain readings to suppress irrigation sprinklers from turning on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using UltraNetatmo rain readings to suppress irrigation sprinklers from turning on

I have Ultra's excellent Netatmo plug-in to receive readings from our Netatmo weather station, which includes a rain gauge. Here is what I did. I have the sprinklers turn on every day just after sunset. But I didn't want them to turn on if there was more than .1" of rain yesterday or today.

For the rain today device that the UltraNetatmo plug-in exposes, I checked the box, "do not update device last change time if Device value does not change." Not sure if this was necessary.

Next, I created a virtual device, Rain, which has two values, Rain and No Rain.

Now, two events. The first (see screenshot) sets the virtual device to Rain if the value of the rain today device is >.1". The second runs just before midnight, and resets the virtual device to No Rain if the rain is <.1". (See screenshot)

Finally, for the event that triggers the irrigation, I added an AND condition -- the virtual device has to be No Rain.

Works great, and I hope this helps others!
    Attached Files
Working...
X