• Show
Clear All

Is there a better way or a way to get this into one event

Is there a better way or a way to get this into one event
    THANX
    MITCH
    Attached Files

What are you wanting to achieve?
    Explain in English then someone will pick up on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like an instant status problem to me. Is your switch directly connected to your Z-Wave interface? If so the status should almost always be correct. Otherwise the only way I can see to do this with one event is to replace the switch with one that does support instant status.
      Originally posted by rprade
      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Looks like you are using a Aeon multi sensor? Agreed it's better to post what you want to achieve and we can help better.

Comment

Like others have asked... what are you trying to accomplish?
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

update

firstly Thank you for the replies. Below explains what I am trying to do. I am very new to Homeseer so I am sorry I did not give enough initial detail.

I am using Dragon switches and the status does not always update correctly these switches do not report changes when made when pressing the switch. since the house is filled with them it would be very expensive to replace all of them.

I am creating a status flag (counter) 0 is dark (Night) and 1 is bright(day) by monitoring the Luminance sensor of a multisensor

IF the sensor is greater than (value) .37 then
            request zwave update the status of the switch
            wait 10 seconds for the status update
            check to see if the switch is off then
            set status flag to 1
            otherwise do nothing

btw the sensor only updates ever 30 minutes so this should not cause much traffic.

I just would like to get this into one event rather than have one event calling another

Thanks for any advice in advance

Mitch

Comment

Mitch,
              First, you should be getting somewhat instant status of the switches as long as they are communicating directly with Homeseer (not jumping thru other nodes to homeseer). My house is 2500 sqft and homeseer is in the basement and even the switches that are upstairs on the second floor still communicate directly. I have a lot of older intermatic switches (10 years old almost) and they still update pretty much instantly.

I would really shy away from any polling as much as possible. Your current solution is small right now, but will eventually get bigger and polling causes too many issues. Really the only way to do this in one event is thru a script, though in my research, it seems that Homeseer removed the poll node call in scripting for HS3 (was there for HS2), just for this very reason... it caused too many issues.

Which controller are you using? Personally if it was me, I would try to figure out why its not working as it should, vs creating a workaround.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch View Post
                I just would like to get this into one event rather than have one event calling another
                One way to get lots of stuff into a single event is to have the event call a script that does the heavy lifting. It might help to understand why you do not want to use a cascade of events. I find that in many cases linking two or three events is much easier than creating a script, and has the added advantage of automatically updating links if device or event names change.
                Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thank you all

I appreciate you all getting back to me. I will stick with multiple events. I am just new with homeseer and thought I was missing something

Again Thanx

Comment

Working...
                  X