Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Events running but devices not responding intermittently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Events running but devices not responding intermittently?

I have Events for a switch to trigger 2 other lights and they used to work great. One day I added a non related event made a few changes and now the lights work %50 of the time.
    I see the event runs in the log but the switch doesn't perform the action. How do I trouble shoot this? Most events I have set up to be triggered by a light switch don't work all the time, but I have a few older programmed events that work all the time.
    I've rebuilt the events a few times and same result, just need to find out what to look for in the log or is there deeper and more verbose logging available to see if Homeseer is sending and receiving commands from the switches.

I'm running HS3 on a virtual machine in VMware using smart stick +

Can you give a screenshot of the event not working. Plus what version of HS are you on? I know some of the betas where having issues, but it has since been cleared up.

Also assuming though event doesn't work that turning the light on and off manually from the device page works without issue?

Comment

OK I see the dummy light switch isn't showing up in homeseer?

I upgraded a few days ago just to see if it would help, but I'm a tech so I'm always on top of updates at least checking every month.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	1184413

Main light switch is the main light and it works fine, it triggers my second dummy switch to go off or on depending on the condition of the main light. Here you see that when flicking on the main light it triggers event to turn on dummy switch.

I flicked the dummy light a few times and it didn't register in the log. It is only 10 feet further along the wall away from the first main light switch.

Is this an optimization problem? I have removed and re-added this switch no problem it seems to always be added no issue. Any idea's why this light switch would not show in the log sometimes but was successfully communicated to when the main light triggers the event? optimization?

Comment

What kind of switch is the "dummy" switch? Have you done a "Full Optimize" for the switch?

Cheers
        Al
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

The dummy switch is a regular GE-Jameco switch just nothing on the load pin. I'm using for a trigger only no load. I've run the full optimize on the switch itself. What is the difference between running the full optimize on the device or from the Plug-Ins zwave menu? Should I be running a full optimize on every device as I add them?

I've run both the device and full network optimize and will confirm tomorrow if it's working.

Thanks for all your help guys, If I can get this one fixed my network will almost be perfect.

Comment

Working...
          X