Timer Decrement/Countdown for Bathroom Exhaust Fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timer Decrement/Countdown for Bathroom Exhaust Fan

Hello, I have a more advanced event that I can't seem to figure out. I'm stuck how to copy a timer value to a wait value.

Essentially, I'm looking to.

1. Start/Reset Timer When Bathroom Door Closed

2a. When Bathroom Door Opens, Copy Timer Value as Variable
    2b. Set Min/Max Variables X Time: If under 2 mins, set to 2 mins. If over 30 mins, set to 30 minutes.
    2c. Countdown timer to turn off fan (in a wait condition).

I can increment/start a timer, but can't seem to countdown.

My feeling is the only way is a recurring trigger every minute to control a counter (not a timer).

Any other posts on bathroom exhaust fan logic? The search on google or HS board didn't show anything.

PS - Bathroom uses motion on and off and currently turns fan off after 3 mins no motion. Looking to extend the fan a little longer if there was a long shower after no motion.

Probably need multiple events using delayed actions.

If bathroom door opens and if timer is less than 2 minutes then turn off fan after 2 minutes.

If bathroom door opens and if timer is greater than 30 minutes then turn off fan after 30 minutes.

Don't know if that accomplishes what you want, but maybe will give you an idea.

Comment

Originally posted by AgileHumor View Post
      1. Start/Reset Timer When Bathroom Door Closed
      2a. When Bathroom Door Opens, Copy Timer Value as Variable
      2b. Set Min/Max Variables X Time: If under 2 mins, set to 2 mins. If over 30 mins, set to 30 minutes.
      2c. Countdown timer to turn off fan (in a wait condition).

PS - Bathroom uses motion on and off and currently turns fan off after 3 mins no motion. Looking to extend the fan a little longer if there was a long shower after no motion.
      If I were doing this, I'd use a delayed event action and linked events with the timer as a condition. I'm not totally clear on how you want this to work, but perhaps something like this would do what you want.

Event 1:
      Trigger: Door opens.
      Actions:
      1. Turn on fan. (Or is it already on?)
      2. Turn off fan with a delay = timer value.
      3. Run Event2 if conditions are true.
      4. Run Event3 if conditions are true.
      Event2:
      Trigger: Manual. Condition: Timer is less than two minutes.
      Actions:
      1. Remove delayed actions related to fan.
      2. Turn off fan with a delay = 2 minutes.
      Event3:
      Trigger: Manual. Condition: Timer is more than 30 minutes.
      Actions:
      1. Remove delayed actions related to fan.
      2. Turn off fan with a delay = 30 minutes.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thank you! That worked perfectly and wasn't aware about removing delayed events.

Much obliged!

Comment

Working...
        X