which have two values "Setpoint" and "Room Temp"

what I am trying to work out is

If room temp > Setpoint then Heating off

and

If Room temp < setpoint then heating on

is their any books you can recommend like "HS for Dummies"

I work with controls but new to Homeseer and Zwave

Thanks
    I'm surprised that the thermostat doesn't have an operating state child that takes care of this.

You can do it with two events using Spud's Easy Trigger plug-in. There is a link to the plug-in below in my signature.

You would need a heat off event and a heat on event as in the last screenshot below. The first screenshot shows you the options for the type of trigger and the second shows you the operators available. You will also note that you can plug in an offset value if you want to program in heat anticipation.
    Attached Files
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Comparing two dynamic values (as opposed to one dynamic vs. one static) in HS has been something asked for years, I even remember asking for it in HS2! Spuds EasyTrigger plugin mitigates this but I think that it should still be part of HS.

If you want to branch into some slight scripting you can do this, I have a dual thermostat setup and compare the value of my temperature sensors every minute. If they are greater/less than the set point then I turn the heating on/off.

Code:
      Sub ThermoEvaluate(ByVal Parm As Object)

Try
              Dim HysValue As Decimal = 0.2

If hs.devicevalueEx(199) > (hs.devicevalueEx(146) + HysValue) Then
                  If hs.devicevalueex(182) = 255 Then hs.CAPIControlHandler(hs.CAPIGetSingleControlByUse(182, ePairControlUse._Off))
              End If

If hs.devicevalueEx(199) < (hs.devicevalueEx(146) - HysValue) Then
                  If hs.devicevalueex(182) = 0 Then hs.CAPIControlHandler(hs.CAPIGetSingleControlByUse(182, ePairControlUse._On))
              End If

If hs.devicevalueEx(200) > (hs.devicevalueEx(145) + HysValue) Then
                  If hs.devicevalueex(183) = 255 Then hs.CAPIControlHandler(hs.CAPIGetSingleControlByUse(183, ePairControlUse._Off))
              End If

If hs.devicevalueEx(200) < (hs.devicevalueEx(145) - HysValue) Then
                  If hs.devicevalueex(183) = 0 Then hs.CAPIControlHandler(hs.CAPIGetSingleControlByUse(183, ePairControlUse._On))
              End If

Catch ex As Exception : Log("Exception: " & ex.Message.ToString)
          End Try

End Sub

Comment

thermostat

Thanks for your help guys

Comment

Working...
        X