All Lights On / All Lights Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All Lights On / All Lights Off

I want to create two events - One event to turn all lights ON and a separate event to turn all lights OFF.

It seems like it should be simple, but I can't see a way to include all lighting devices in one event action.

Ideas greatly appreciated.

Ron Bernier

If I remember correctly, look under the zwave actions in the event. All on and all off might be there.

Comment

Originally posted by RBernier View Post
      I want to create two events - One event to turn all lights ON and a separate event to turn all lights OFF.

It seems like it should be simple, but I can't see a way to include all lighting devices in one event action.

Ron Bernier
      There should be a green plus sign icon on the event action. Click there to add more actions.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by RBernier View Post

Ron Bernier
        Like Wayne said, look under Z-Wave actions at the bottom of the actions list. If you have more than one network you will have to choose the network, then you will have "Send all lights ON" or "Send all lights OFF" as actions.

The last piece of the puzzle is that the Z-Wave device has to support All On or All Off and that feature must be enabled on the device.

You also need to understand that Al ON and All OFF is usually enabled by default and is supported by lighting controls, power controls, appliance modules, etc. You may have to go through and disable the function on devices you do not want to turn off.
        Attached Files
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thank you all for the responses. I haven't gotten All On and/or All Off to work yet, but with the info that you all posted, I am sure I will get it yet. Greatly appreciate the help.

Ron Bernier

Comment

Thanks, what about Thermostat: can we use global function to set all thermostats on specific mode ?

Comment

Originally posted by a-tibi View Post
              Thanks, what about Thermostat: can we use global function to set all thermostats on specific mode ?
              There is not a Z-Wave global function, but you could use a virtual device for the mode and events to control multiple devices.

We have 8 thermostats and we control the modes with events. We only use heat and off, but that is controlled by HS with a single device.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                Like Wayne said, look under Z-Wave actions at the bottom of the actions list. If you have more than one network you will have to choose the network, then you will have "Send all lights ON" or "Send all lights OFF" as actions.

The last piece of the puzzle is that the Z-Wave device has to support All On or All Off and that feature must be enabled on the device.

You also need to understand that Al ON and All OFF is usually enabled by default and is supported by lighting controls, power controls, appliance modules, etc. You may have to go through and disable the function on devices you do not want to turn off.
                Hi, I would like this to turn off all lights. It seems to be somewhat working - the issue I have is when I press the button in HS touch to "Turn Off all lights" it works but then I cant seem to get any lights to come back on for ages.

I didnt select any particular trigger so it is left with the "The time is..." and "(Choose another)

Should this event be set to Manually Triggered?

Cheers
                Tom

Comment

I set this trigger to Manually triggered and it does switch off the lights but again once pressed (HS Touch IOS) it seems to kill all other z-wave functions for a minute or so.

According to HS My system consists of 442 devices a 2 events (So-Far) is this why?

Hoping someone can shed some light.

Edit....

Current Date/Time: 06-Apr-17 8:14:58 AM
                  HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.313
                  Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
                  System Uptime: 7 Days 16 Hours 34 Minutes 45 Seconds
                  IP Address: 192.168.1.43
                  Number of Devices: 442
                  Number of Events: 2
                  Available Threads: 400

Enabled Plug-Ins
                  3.0.0.104: HSTouch Server
                  3.0.1.110: Z-Wave

Cheers
                  Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Faz View Post
                    I set this trigger to Manually triggered and it does switch off the lights but again once pressed (HS Touch IOS) it seems to kill all other z-wave functions for a minute or so.

According to HS My system consists of 442 devices a 2 events (So-Far) is this why?

Hoping someone can shed some light.
                    Pretty sure that sending the zwave all on/off command causes every device to repeat the command so it fully propagates. This causes quite a bit of network congestion. Someone with a better understanding of the zwave
                    network protocol may be able to shed some light on the issue.

I used to use the zwave all on/off commands. One of the interesting side effects I ran into is that the homeseer device management screen would then be out of date.
                    HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
                    Number of Devices: 1005
                    Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

I noticed this same thing today as I was testing my event that turns everything off when I leave the house. I used Z-Wave All Lights Off in that event and it did indeed turn off all the lights, but I noticed that when I got back an hour later the device mgmt. screen, my HSTouch screens, ... were all out of synch with the network. They showed all the lights I'd left on as still on even though they were not. I tried disabling/re-enabling the Z-Wave plug in, network scans, ... The only thing I found to do was turn on polling on a light switch and sure enough that one updated correctly after an all-off command was sent.

Is there a better answer than turning on polling? I expected the nodes to tell the controller they were off or something and the PI would update HS without having to turn on polling. Am I missing something?

ty

XM

Originally posted by jmaddox View Post
                      Pretty sure that sending the zwave all on/off command causes every device to repeat the command so it fully propagates. This causes quite a bit of network congestion. Someone with a better understanding of the zwave
                      network protocol may be able to shed some light on the issue.

I used to use the zwave all on/off commands. One of the interesting side effects I ran into is that the homeseer device management screen would then be out of date.

Comment

Originally posted by XboxMeister View Post
                        I noticed this same thing today as I was testing my event that turns everything off when I leave the house. I used Z-Wave All Lights Off in that event and it did indeed turn off all the lights, but I noticed that when I got back an hour later the device mgmt. screen, my HSTouch screens, ... were all out of synch with the network. They showed all the lights I'd left on as still on even though they were not. I tried disabling/re-enabling the Z-Wave plug in, network scans, ... The only thing I found to do was turn on polling on a light switch and sure enough that one updated correctly after an all-off command was sent.

Is there a better answer than turning on polling? I expected the nodes to tell the controller they were off or something and the PI would update HS without having to turn on polling. Am I missing something?

ty

XM

I don't know if there is a better way, but I solved this by creating 2 events per room to turn all devices in the room on/off. Then I have a global on/off event that calls each of the room groups. That way HS is explicitly sending each device the command and it stays up to date
                        HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
                        Number of Devices: 1005
                        Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Originally posted by jmaddox View Post
                          I don't know if there is a better way, but I solved this by creating 2 events per room to turn all devices in the room on/off. Then I have a global on/off event that calls each of the room groups. That way HS is explicitly sending each device the command and it stays up to date
                          Good suggestion. Just seems weird that a standard option like Z-Wave All On or All Off would create this kind of synching issue. And it doesn't seem to resolve itself very quickly, if ever. I haven't waited a long time to see but given a PI disable/re-enable doesn't do it, I'm not sure it would take to unhork itself.

I notice when I use a voice command to turn all lights off it doesn't get out of synch so must not be using the Z-Wave function to do it. Does HS3 use the labels on the devices and just loop through them all? All my devices are GE/Jasco switches, not smart bulbs so I'm assuming it must leverage the device names I've given them. Even picks up the one that only has "lamp" in it.

Thanks!

XM

Comment

Working...
                          X