Dim or brighten over time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S-F View Post
    Yep. That did it. Thanks for this one Al. It's a lot less cumbersome than Moskus' script. Though his is great as well!
    You're welcome. I based my script on his so a lot of credit goes to him.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
      I was thinking the same thing Wayne. Al, AGAIN this is a great script and has lot of uses. Nice work.
      Thanks Tom, I will create a version that works with a luminance device and post it later this weekend.

Cheers
      Al
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Script with Luminance

Hi SparkMan, just curious if you had any luck with updating the script to support a luminance input? Would be awesome to be able to ramp the lights relative to the changing room values. Thanks for creating such a useful script and of course a nod to Moskus for the core work...

Comment

Here's the one I use
          https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...htening-a-bulb

Comment

Originally posted by wes View Post
            if the light is z-wave, and scene compatible...
            just make a z-wave scene containing the one light, with a 30 minute fade time.
            trigger it once, and forget it.

also, if you then take manual control of the light, it just overrides the scene, and you don't have to worry about disabling the script.
            Newbie here....how do you do this? Create the scene?

Comment

Plug-Ins -> Z-Wave -> Scene Management
              My system is described in my profile.

Comment

Originally posted by JLehnert View Post
                Plug-Ins -> Z-Wave -> Scene Management
                Will this work if the light isn't zwave if you setup a virtual device for it?

Comment

I doubt it, as the variable ramp rate is part of the Z-wave PI/Protocol. More likely you'd have to do something with the script that Al is talking about earlier in the thread.

EDIT: IIRC, the Scenemaster PI also has a ramp rate option, and that PI is not tied to a specific protocol.
                  My system is described in my profile.

Comment

I realize this is a very old thread but its where the Google machine brought me. I am running HS4 on a Zee S2 and I cannot get the script to do anything after firing. The log indicates that the script is firing but nothing else. Has the scripting language changed since HS3? Here's how I have it setup (I adjusted the script to dim down instead of up):

Any tips sparkman ?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X