Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No rush, thank you

Comment

The event engine in HS3 is extremely powerful and I'm sure everything you are wanting to accomplish can be done easily. If you could just explain concisely what it is you're after any number of us could explain how to do it.
      Originally posted by rprade
      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Just programming a few more things, I noticed If I want to change some events, and add a event into the first 'then', I cannot add one, I have to change the first 'then', then change the seceond 'then' to what was the first and so on. I can add another 'then' at the end, but not move events (then) around. Or is that possible ?

Comment

Huh?

You can't add actions? I don't understand. You can add as many actions as you like. Also you can drag and drop the actions in any order you like. So if you have two actions and then you decide that you'd like a Wait between them you simply add a Wait action at the end and then drag it up in between the original two actions.

Comment

Ah. I have to try again. I tried that but it didnt work. I was surprised but accepted it. Good that i asked. Will try taht now.

Comment

Hm. I just tried dragging the actions but it doesnt work. Where do i have to click to drag and drop the actions ?

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
                Hm. I just tried dragging the actions but it doesnt work. Where do i have to click to drag and drop the actions ?
                What browser are you using? Tablet or PC?
                Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

It doesn't work on a touch interface. You need to use a mouse.

Comment

I had tried it on a tablet with chrome. First time i tried was on a desktop on Firefox.

Think it doesnt work on a tablet. It does work on my desktop, I just gave it another try
                    Last edited by mikee123; June 4, 2016, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Ok. I have a virtual switch with 4 states, which correspond to a setpoints I want to send to a thermostat. States are 14, 18, 20 and 21. So ideally I want this all in 1 event. So when I press 14, it sends 14, if I press 18, it sends 18 and so on. From what I understand so far I might have to split that in 4 events, as i cannot do:
                      if device is 14, then send 14, or if devise is 18, then send 18...

or can I do it somehow in 1 event ?

Comment

Trying to create a good night scene

I'd create 1 event group called thermostat then create 4 events. I'd actually create 1 event then just copy and edit it.
                        That's should achieved in a matter of a few minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was going to do it that way, but it would have been neater to have it in 1 event. And the question was also for future reference, I want to and need to learn how best to do things

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
                            or can I do it somehow in 1 event ?

No. You need 4 events to accomplish this. What you're looking for is an Else and that doesn't exist and isn't really needed. There is only If, And If, Or If and Then.

I recommend you set aside some time to go through Randy's posts in the Event Clinic forum. There's a wealth of information there. All your questions will be answered and you will get great new ideas for things you never thought of doing.

Comment

I have asked a similar question in the past. You can or and 'And' conditions but not actions.
                              I can sort of see why they have done it that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There is Else functionality. As one of your actions you run another event that has its own conditions. You still need multiple events but you only have one event to trigger them. I use this functionality extensively.

Comment

Working...
                                X