Trying to create a good night scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On my Vera I had a 'good night' scene which shut down the house. Turn off the lights, turn down the heating etc. I had a button on my tablets to activate it, and another on my iRule app, so whenever we are ready to go to bed I just press the button. As this is not at the same time every night, it needs to be a manually triggered event. I find it quite awkward to go into events, open my event, and then trigger it manually. There must be an easier way to create a equivalent to a Vera scene. I looked at scenes in HS3, but they seem to be quite different. I do not have a scene controller, and you seem to need one, also these HS3 scenes cannot control everything.

Are you using Designer to create custom screens?
    You could use a MiniMote, cheap and simple controĺler, can perform many different events.
    We actually tell Amazon Echo to activate the Goodnight Event.
    Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
    | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
    Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
    BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

I haven't looked into designer yet. I have it but still busy integrating everything I have. I am transferring a reasonable big system from Vera, and that is still taking up most of my time. Once everything is transferred and working I will start having a look at designer. But then that still leaves the question of how to have 1 button to trigger that 'scene'. I do not want a remote control, I want to control everything from my tablet. I also have other Vera scenes which I want to recreate on HS3, so the goodnight was just an example. Once I know how to do that I can do the others, and there are quite a few which are not necessarily possible to get into the 'events'

Comment

You could create an event in HS3 that is manually triggered. The event would contain all the actions you need to shut down your house.

You can the from HSTouch (on your iPhone, Android etc.) have a button that calls that event.

This way you can easily trigger a shut down manually whenever you are ready.
        Nicolai L

Comment

I created a virtual device with
          Home
          Away
          Night
          Vacation
          At night I select night, an event runs 30 seconds after the change to turn off lights, heating etc, when at night the doors become 'alarmed'

I've also set the house so if no movement after say 1030pm for 20 mins the night mode is selected automatically.

Example in imperihome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
            You could create an event in HS3 that is manually triggered. The event would contain all the actions you need to shut down your house.

You can the from HSTouch (on your iPhone, Android etc.) have a button that calls that event.

This way you can easily trigger a shut down manually whenever you are ready.
            Yes that sounds good. But I would also like to trigger that from iRule, so I do not have to change apps.

Originally posted by gd1210 View Post
            I created a virtual device with
            Home
            Away
            Night
            Vacation
            At night I select night, an event runs 30 seconds after the change to turn off lights, heating etc, when at night the doors become 'alarmed'

I've also set the house so if no movement after say 1030pm for 20 mins the night mode is selected automatically.

Example in imperihome

I used to have exactly that in Vera with a multi switch. How do I create a virtual switch with multiple states ?

Comment

Create a new device and make it something like this

It will look like this in device manager

I used to have Vera, it's very easy to emulate the home, away functions in HS.

Comment

Yes I started using Away and Home on our phones via the tasker plugin with autolocation, had that on Vera too. I am getting more and more functions I had on Vera over to HS. Its a pretty good system. A bit of a learning curve, but I am getting there. The heating system is a bit of a challenge, programming all the logic I had on Vera wont be easy to replicate. And controlling the StellaZ's and Secure SRT321 is proving very hard.

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
                  Yes that sounds good. But I would also like to trigger that from iRule, so I do not have to change apps.
                  I don't know iRule, but if you are able to make an HTTP call from iRule then you can execute the event by using the JSON interface in HS3
                  Nicolai L

Comment

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
                    I don't know iRule, but if you are able to make an HTTP call from iRule then you can execute the event by using the JSON interface in HS3
                    I am not sure how, but yes iRule can make HTTP calls. Don't know anything about JSON though (yet)

Comment

What are you finding hard about the heating?
                      Unless you were using LUuP in Vera to do some complex rule then I can't think of why it will be difficult in HS.
                      If you can write in English what you what to achieve I'm sure we will be able to help

Comment

I havent started on the logic yet but I think that might actually be easier then on Vera. I have already created a virtual switch with 4 states which are the 4 temperature settings I want for my main thermostat. (Thanks for your help there !) The probelm is the StellaZ's. I have installed BLStat which seem to control the setpoints via schedules, but controlling the setpoints manually doesnt work yet, not sure why. Also my main thermostat a Secure SRT321 (Horstman is equivalent) is not controllable yet.
                        Also from a logic point I am missing something like a 'Or', or the possibility to add another condition after all the 'then' actions.

Comment

Or exists in the events as standard.
                          Vera does have Or available unless you use pleg or luup code.

I looked at BLStat briefly but wasn't a fan so I do all my stuff with events.

If the house is occupied and it's cold outside I set my secure stat to 17'c and if it's dry and warm outside I set it to 14'c
                          I also adjust the radiator valves based on current room temperature and occupancy.

The issue I have with the secure stay is that it only updates on the next wake up cycle.
                          I don't like that. So when you set a temperature manually it may look like it isn't working until the next wake up cycle of the stat.
                          You can see in the log file that the command is in the queue.

Comment

Yes I read about controlling it with events, but to be honest didnt really understand it as much as I read it again and again....
                            Is there a way you could copy your events so I could have a look ? Maybe its easier to understand/replicate that way

Comment

I'll do that later on, I'm not at home just now but can either log into my system or knock up an example

Comment

Working...
                              X